- 05-26-2008, 09:10 PM #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Mar 2008
- Clearwater Bay
Just wanted to share my story of my baby almost choking from a grape. I read a story a long time ago about a baby dieing from choking on a grape - since then I have always cut grapes before giving them to my children - infact they never had grapes before 11 months old.
My little girl was left with my helper for a short time in the kitchen on Friday last week, she was getting a little tired and my helper thought it would be a good idea to give her some grapes, I have stressed so many times to cut them up and for some reason this time she didn't. Sure enough my baby started choking, she started turning blue and dribbling so much. We had her upside down, nothing and then a few seconds later she must have been able to swallow it as it didn't come up! Luckily it was one of the smaller grapes she put in her mouth.
It's amazing how quick something like this can happen.
Be careful with those grapes!
- 05-26-2008, 10:02 PM #2
my dad's cousin, a BROWNIE (Girl Guides) leader had a girl die from choking on a hot dog while on a picnic...it's terrible.
i'm glad your little one is ok. my helper has always held the grape and had the babe bite from her fingers...otherwise we always cut them