Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

baby rocker question

KMM
    KMM is offline Registered User

baby rocker question

hello
    I'm looking for a baby rocker seat - but all models are very low on the floor. not higher than a carseat. why? I think babys love to watch mummy doing housework or just try to be part of the activities around them. So now I have to place the rocker on a low table - so I can talk to the baby - while walking around in the house. I don't think this is safe enough. Does anybody knows a rocker brand that is a bit higher from the ground? what are pet owners doing?:yeah2 :yeah2
    thanks so much for your help

Kerstin

xcultural mummy is offline Registered User

Hello Kerstin,

Indeed it's not safe for them to be placed up high. Have you thought of wearing your baby in a sling on the side if he/she is still small, when you do your cooking? I can't remember what it's called but funnily, the Japanese sometimes have very innovative products that western designers haven't thought of. It's not cheap as it's meant to be able to be converted from a high positioned bassinet to a highchair, and I think it was HK$ 2000-3000. You should be able to find it in Wing On stores.
    (Shame my friend's got a video on Facebook of her son sitting in it, but you can't see it can you!)

It also depends on how old your baby is. My one was quick with holding his head up, so from 3.5 months I started him on a bouncing seat to be secured with a spring clip above the threshold, and I would have him bounce away for 20 mins at a time, exercising his leg muscles and having loads more fun than just watching. I saw it at Bumps to Babes last time.

See http://www.thebabycatalogue.com/prod...p?number=J0144 for one version.

Off the tangent but they may be alternative solutions.

Check out my blog:www.londonmummymusings.blogspot.com
    for information and my thoughts on real nappies, baby carriers, breastfeeding, baby-led weaning and much more!

MeowMeow is offline Registered User

Please check PM

MeowMeow is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by xcultural mummy View Post
    Hello Kerstin,

Indeed it's not safe for them to be placed up high. Have you thought of wearing your baby in a sling on the side if he/she is still small, when you do your cooking? I can't remember what it's called but funnily, the Japanese sometimes have very innovative products that western designers haven't thought of. It's not cheap as it's meant to be able to be converted from a high positioned bassinet to a highchair, and I think it was HK$ 2000-3000. You should be able to find it in Wing On stores.
    (Shame my friend's got a video on Facebook of her son sitting in it, but you can't see it can you!)

It also depends on how old your baby is. My one was quick with holding his head up, so from 3.5 months I started him on a bouncing seat to be secured with a spring clip above the threshold, and I would have him bounce away for 20 mins at a time, exercising his leg muscles and having loads more fun than just watching. I saw it at Bumps to Babes last time.

See http://www.thebabycatalogue.com/prod...p?number=J0144 for one version.

Off the tangent but they may be alternative solutions.
    The ones from Japanese brand are called Aprica or Combi :)

KMM
    KMM is offline Registered User

thanks a lot for your advises

fairy-godmother is offline Registered User

the chair mentioned by xcultural mummy is called a multi-functional high chair by Japanese.
    http://www.combi.com.hk/03_03highandlowchair.htm

I would highly recommend this chair, it's worth every dollar.
    my daughter is currently 20mths and we used ours since birth, she's still sitting in it for her meals since it comes with a meal tray.

Cause the chair comes in 5 adjustable angles, it also allows the baby to sleep on the chair. The chair have wheels so you come move it around the house ie. from living to dining room. And if you lock the wheels you could make it swing. (very useful for first few months since she spent lots of time sleeping and I could do the housework without a worry).

The covers are easy to remove and washable in washing machines. There are many places that sells this brand i.e. Sogo, Jusco, Toy r us. And if you don't need the storage box and opening side pallets, you could consider buying a cheaper/ older model for a cheaper price.

Good luck!

Nashua852 is offline Registered User

Dear Kerstin,

I'm currently in the research process of setting up a personal shopping service for expecting couples in Hong Kong - either those too busy to do their own shopping or who would like relevant advice on what to buy.

My research led me to this company and their great high (chair) the bloom fresco;

http://www.bloombaby.com/collection/main.php?sID=19

It grows with your child, works as a highchair and best of all, elevates them. I love the design and what's great about this company is that their baby products fit well with home decor (check out their baby bouncer!)

The bloom fresco is available in Hong Kong from Mothercare and I think I saw one in Bumbs2babes. Definitely mothercare, though!

peainpod is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by fairy-godmother View Post
    the chair mentioned by xcultural mummy is called a multi-functional high chair by Japanese.
    http://www.combi.com.hk/03_03highandlowchair.htm
    I second the recommendation! Because the Roanju chair by Combi can also lie flat, we used that as a bed (instead of a Moses basket/bassinet) for our newborn during the first few weeks. I would just wheel it back and forth bet the living and the bedroom during the day and evenings when he was still really young and it was safe to leave him there when I had to do other things around the house.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast