Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hong Kong Public Hospital Advice

PregnantHK is offline Registered User

Oct-Dec due date group

Hi Smiles

Thanks, I will definitely look out for when you're next all meeting up - that's great. Hmmm, know what you mean about comparing - it is becoming a bit of an obsession but sure it will pass over time and when we've settled in bit more.

Hope to meet you soon - have a great weekend.

Helen

rachrobin is offline Registered User

Antenatal Classes

Hi Helen,

When you attend registration at Tsan Yuk Hospital, they give you lots of information and a booklet on pretty much everything you need to know leading up to the birth. You can attend English antenatal classes through the hospital, and your husband is expected to attend with you if possible. Not sure how much it costs, but it would be a very low, nominal fee.

I attended Annerley midwives 'Babies and Beyond' classes, mainly due to the fact the times of the classes suited us better. It's all pretty basic information that you can get from any book, with the added bonus of being able to ask questions and meet other expecting couples. The classes are also very small.

Tsan Yuk also do antenatal exercise courses, which I probably would have done if I gave it more thought.

If you are interested in meeting up, the Geobaby due date club I am in (July-Sept) are meeting this Sunday at 4pm for afternoon tea at the Press Club. It's in Hollywood Rd, Central, and the more the merrier. I moved to HK from Melbourne last September, still finding my feet to be honest!

Cheers,
    Rachael

Meeting up!

Hi Rachael

Afternoon tea on Sunday sounds great...I'd already seen The Press Room - looks a bit like a Melbourne hang out!!.

I've come down with a bit of a cold (I hear this is pretty normal when you first arrive in HK - need to build up my immunity somehow) so may or may not make it. But hopefully will be feeling better by 4pm Sunday!

Thanks for antenatal class info.

Helen

rachrobin is offline Registered User
    Hi Helen,

It would be great to meet you on Sunday. There's a group of about 4-6 of us generally. If you can't make it, I'd love to meet for a coffee pretty much anytime that suits. I'm no longer working, so pretty flexible weekdays/weekends.

Cheers,

Rachael

Cool...will try to make tomorrow and if not, yes, would love to get together one afternoon- I'm also work-less and would very much welcome a break from apartment hunting!

PurpleFlower is offline Registered User

Antenatal exercise classes at Tsan Yuk

Hi Helen,

Tsan Yuk holds English antenatal exercise classes every 3 months or so and they've just started their first session last Wednesday.... :( I don't think you need to do them all starting from session 1 so you might be able to join half way through and re-do the missed sessions at a later date? You might like to check that out. It's just the next course might finish a bit close to your due date.

The sessions cost HKD100 each and the one I went to last week had max 10 or so ladies there. It's on Wednesday afternoons 2.30-5pm

(I'm in the same due date club as Smiles and Kharel!)

Hi there

Thanks for the tip...I'll give Tsan Yuk a call this morning to find out if I can come along on Wednesday...appreciate the heads up on this.

Helen

FYI...Rachael (Rachbobin), I sent you a PM - not sure if it worked. Let me know.

Cheers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast