Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Vacation in Japan

mushi is offline Registered User

Vacation in Japan

hi,
    i am planninga trip to japan with my 3 month old baby and a 4 yr old son....any suggestions on which cities to cover in japan which would be children-friendly? anyone been to Hokkaido? or to Osaka at Universal studios? pls. give yr suggestions for best place to stay..must see places, etc....

Hagrid is offline Registered User
    mushi,

I've been to Tokyo twice with my son when he was 2 and 3. It's pretty child-friendly everywhere (e.g. even public toilets have child seats), though you may have to walk a little further to find the lift in subway.

There are lots of places kids would enjoy. Plenty of amusement parks (Disneyland, Thomas land, water park, toys kingdom) with toddler's rides. A nice zoo (Ueno) in the city. Farms to milk cow or orchards to pick fruits. You could find nice scenic country side to ride a bike around lovely town. Not to mention the good food (my son loves yakitori, sushi, ramen just like we do!) and shopping...hehe, I sound like coming from tourist association. We're going back this summer too.

JandIinHK is offline Registered User

How'd you get on in japan?

Quote Originally Posted by mushi View Post
    hi,
    i am planninga trip to japan with my 3 month old baby and a 4 yr old son....any suggestions on which cities to cover in japan which would be children-friendly? anyone been to Hokkaido? or to Osaka at Universal studios? pls. give yr suggestions for best place to stay..must see places, etc....
    Did you go to japan? we were thinking of going with our 7 month old baby, and would appreciate your views

fairy-godmother is offline Registered User
    i totally agree with hagrid, regardless when you go (i mean state) japan is a very very child friendly country. there are plenty to see and do with children.