Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Stokke, Bugaboo Cameleon or Micralite Toro

sunniefaith is offline Registered User

Stokke, Bugaboo Cameleon or Micralite Toro

One of my best friend is having a baby and I want to get her a baby gift. She has a car and I'm thinking of complete travel system for her. So which of these would you recommend?

Stokke, Bugaboo Cameleon or Micralite Toro?

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User

I have the bugaboo cameleon and love it....however my husband hates it. But this is because he is the one who has to constantly fold and unfold it when we are out and about and on public transport.

With a car it is much easier.....however the bugaboo doesn't fit easily into all car boots, the boot has to be a reasonable size.

I love the bugaboo because it is so comfortable for baby- our son wouldn't sleep in anything else for the first month or so of his life...and even now aged 19 months he can sleep quite comfortably in it.

It's so easy to push, and you hardly feel a thing going over rough surfaces.

However it is not for everyone because it doesn't fold in on piece (2 pieces) and it's not light.

Thanks Beckyboo,

Friend's car is a hatchback, so think she has limited boot space. Think bugaboo might not work for her then.

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User

You're a nice friend, those are expensive gifts!

Anyway, I had a Bugaboo Frog for my first. It's a great stroller, easy to push, lightweight, durable, etc. The only thing I didn't like about it, is that it comes apart in 2 pieces so you can't unfold / fold it with one hand, which is not great when using taxis (I had mine when I lived in Chicago, first downtown, no car). I still think it's a drawback, but the stroller itself is great. I simply don't like the looks of the Stokke. The Bugaboo Bee is supposed to be great, more a travel stroller, more compact. I have a Mountain Buggy (double) now for my twins, it also steers very well (one hand for 3 kids; one on a board), very durable and easy to fold / unfold (although the double is more difficult than the single, and also a lot heavier). You can also get carry cots for those. I still have a MacLaren double in the car for travelling and shopping.

Another option, not sure whether they sell them in HK ... Quinny Buzz, very compact as well (great for smaller cars). Another good brand is the Easywalker (again not sure about HK market).

HTH!

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2Sofie&Twins View Post
    You're a nice friend, those are expensive gifts!

Anyway, I had a Bugaboo Frog for my first. It's a great stroller, easy to push, lightweight, durable, etc. The only thing I didn't like about it, is that it comes apart in 2 pieces so you can't unfold / fold it with one hand, which is not great when using taxis (I had mine when I lived in Chicago, first downtown, no car). I still think it's a drawback, but the stroller itself is great. I simply don't like the looks of the Stokke. The Bugaboo Bee is supposed to be great, more a travel stroller, more compact. I have a Mountain Buggy (double) now for my twins, it also steers very well (one hand for 3 kids; one on a board), very durable and easy to fold / unfold (although the double is more difficult than the single, and also a lot heavier). You can also get carry cots for those. I still have a MacLaren double in the car for travelling and shopping.

Another option, not sure whether they sell them in HK ... Quinny Buzz, very compact as well (great for smaller cars). Another good brand is the Easywalker (again not sure about HK market).

HTH!
    She's a very very good friend. Worth the expensive gift! Didn't really think of the Quinny Buzz. Thanks for the idea. Haven't heard of the Easywalker. Will have a lot at it.

jormankiu is offline Registered User

I would vote for Stokke.

We got a blue one and we and everyone arounds us love it so much! It's a very sturdy stroller, and you can adjust the height of the seat. This an excellent feather not only because my baby can see me closely and we don't need to bend down to play with him, but more importantly my baby can stay out of the germs and dusts which is said to be most active at 1-2 feet above the ground.

The colors available are all lovely and very eye catching. You would have to expect that everyone on the street looks at your stroller!! One problem is that the stroller is rather big, especially that we got a separate bassinet for my baby for his first couple months. We got a wagon so it's not a problem but I doubt if a normal saloon can hold that bassinet, but I think if you just get the basic one it shouldn't be a problem to fit in any normal boot.