Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Repulse Bay Montessori vs Stanley

sbajardi is offline Registered User

Repulse Bay Montessori vs Stanley

We are moving with our family at the end of August. I'm currently looking for an apt to stay in RB or Stanley.
    We nned to book up a school asap for our 4 year old. I've seen Tutor Time in Tai Tam and liked it, bust i'm still considering whether to sign him to the Repulse Bay Montessori (as it may well be logistically more convenient) or to either theStanley Montessori (my impression was the class was really small) or St Theresa English school (the disadvantage i saw here is there is no Chinese classes). Does anybody have any experience about the mentioned schools?
    Any help would be very much appreciated!

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    If learning Chinese is a consideration, IMHO, you need look no further than Tutor Time. My son who spoke zero Mandarin at the beginning of the school year now can converse comfortably in Mandarin. He has even learned to recite Tang poetry (!), which is really cute. He would sometimes even ask to watch certain Playhouse Disney shows in Mandarin. That said, his English lessons are coming along quite well, too. I find that Tutor Time offers a very good balance between

- English and Mandarin (doing both equally well) and
    - learn-thru-play and structured learning

Overall we are really happy with this school and would not hesitate to recommend it to others. Please feel free to PM me if you'd like to know more.

Sorry, just wanted to add that there are quite a number of Tutor Time kids who live in Repulse Bay and take the school bus by themselves, although for parents who are not comfortable with that idea, the school bus does allow for 1 adult to accompany the child...

sbajardi is offline Registered User

thanks!

Dear Buckeroo
    thank u very much for your information, it was very helpful. I think we will try to enroll my son at Tutor Time asap as my impression was also very good when i visited it.
    Could i pm you?
    Thanks again

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User
    We're moving early August from Europe (just back from the States) and my 4yo will go to Sunshine Tai Tam (we'll live in the Manhattan). I really liked Tutor Time too, but I prefer an English program (however, she will have Chinese classes, but not 50/50 like Tutor Time). I also looked at Woodlands Tai Tam, but preferred Sunshine (it felt more like a school to me but overall, it was more a gut feeling; and the uniform will make my life easier too with a 4 yo girl?!).