Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just arrived, need company of other mummys

JandIinHK is offline Registered User

Just arrived, need company of other mummys

Just moved to Parkview with my 6 month old baby from Scotland and looking for some mother and baby groups/coffee mornings nearby.
    Also if anyone knows nice walks to go that are buggy friendly. missing fresh air.

m2cw2mhk is offline Registered User

Hi, and welcome to Hong Kong. There are lots of nice walks near you. The first one is Bowen Road. Just go down Wong Nei Chung Gap road to the big roundabout where it splits off to Stubbs Road. There is a little pathway called Bowen Road that is a lovely, completely flat path that winds around the mountainside.

Another one is called Black's Link Road. that's pretty near you at Parkview. You can just take a taxi, tell them you want to go to Black's Link Road or "bu-oh ling ling" and go all the way to the top. The road turns into a nice pathway that goes slightly uphill, mostly flat, and takes you all the way to Wan Chai Gap where, as a bonus, there is a playground.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by m2cw2mhk View Post
    Hi, and welcome to Hong Kong. There are lots of nice walks near you. The first one is Bowen Road. Just go down Wong Nei Chung Gap road to the big roundabout where it splits off to Stubbs Road. There is a little pathway called Bowen Road that is a lovely, completely flat path that winds around the mountainside.

Another one is called Black's Link Road. that's pretty near you at Parkview. You can just take a taxi, tell them you want to go to Black's Link Road or "bu-oh ling ling" and go all the way to the top. The road turns into a nice pathway that goes slightly uphill, mostly flat, and takes you all the way to Wan Chai Gap where, as a bonus, there is a playground.

Good luck!

mazza is offline Registered User

Hi JandlinHK,
    My little girl is almost 7 months and I love to take her on walks in her buggy. We live in Pokfulam and often do the Peak walk. If you want to join us or catch up for coffee etc your most welcome.
    I miss the fresh air too but on the flip side HK does have alot to offer especially for children.

i'd love to meet up for a walk and maybe a coffee after it (is there a tearoom?). not been on the peak walk, buggy friendly or babybjorn? would i just get a taxi there? sorry for being so geographically naive. tomorrow or friday suit?

Nashua852 is offline Registered User

Right, this is the second time I'm writing this as little mr. decided to try out his pincer grasp on mummy's keyboard.

Hi Jandlin,

First of all, welcome to Hong Kong!

I'd recommend that you get yourself a copy of "The Prampushers Guide to Hong Kong" http://prampushers.com/. It's available at most big bookshops like Dymocks or PageOne, Bumps to Babes also stock it. It's basically a nifty little guide that folds down to fit into a nappy bag (it's a staple in ours) highlighting the best walks and hikes (!) with a buggy, baby-friendly restaurants, buggy friendly shopping routes, changing areas, baby friendly restaurants, a list of great shops and lots more ideas on what to do with a baby in Hong Kong. I've got a couple of pregnant friends and I've been handing them out like red packets at Chinese New Year (something else you'll get to do here!)

I'd also recommend the Mum and Baby Group at the nearby Matilda Hospital. It's on Thursday mornings 10 am for babies between 0-9 months and Thursday afternoon 3pm for toddlers 9 months and over. We go there depending on the topic (little One is 6 months old) There's the link; http://www.matilda.org/eng/health/mother_child.php

Hope that helps and good luck!

kyle is offline Registered User

Hi

We have a playgroup on monday mornings in Happy Valley with 4 babies aged 8 months you are more than welcome to join. Send me a PM if interested and i can forward the details.

mazza is offline Registered User

Hi again JandIinHK,
    I have sent you a PM with my contact details so we can oragnize doing a walk together. M

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast