Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Baby yogurt in HK

jajacha is offline Registered User

Baby yogurt in HK

Hi moms out there,

Do you let your babies eat baby yogurt? My son is now close to 9 months old and I think it's about time that I introduce yogurt in his diet. I'd like to start with the "baby yogurt" although I know the plain full fat yogurt that we adults eat is also ok.

I saw the Danone brand baby yogurt in City's Super in IFC. Do you know any other place that sells other brands of baby yogurt e.g. Stonyfield-YoBaby?

jaetee is offline Registered User
    CitySuper has Yobaby yogurt products and Yobaby yogurt drinks.

Oliver's and 360 have Yobaby yogurt products.

peainpod is offline Registered User
    Has anyone tried giving their baby homemade yogurt using the EasiYo yogurt maker (available at Citysuper)? If so, are there some flavours which are better for babies? (e.g. should we stay away from the really sweet formulas and stick with plainer yogurts? how about greek yogurt?) And is it better/safer to give homemade yogurt or store-bought ones?

Speculator is offline Registered User
    Yoghurt is so expensive in HK compared to the UK.

I give my daughter Yoplait petits filous. Only 79p (HK$12.00) for six at Costcutter and they are always on BOGOF at Tesco/Morrisons/Adsa etc. (1.50GBP for two packs of six)

When I was in HK last summer, I think they were approx $30 for six at Jusco.
    Last edited by Speculator; 06-06-2008 at 07:51 PM.

jaetee is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by peainpod View Post
    Has anyone tried giving their baby homemade yogurt using the EasiYo yogurt maker (available at Citysuper)? If so, are there some flavours which are better for babies? (e.g. should we stay away from the really sweet formulas and stick with plainer yogurts? how about greek yogurt?) And is it better/safer to give homemade yogurt or store-bought ones?
    The organic unsweetened flavour is what they recommend for babies, but my LO didnt like it. Instead I use the Greek Style (also unsweetened) and then mix it with fruit. So far (last couple of days) LO has taken to it okay.

But of course LO still likes Yobaby yogurts the best, but that is because they have added sugar. :)