• Disney

5 41.67%
  • Ocean Park

7 58.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Disney vs Ocean Park

mel_g20 is offline Registered User

Disney vs Ocean Park

Would be interested in your opinion on which is more fun/suitable for a family outing with kids under 5: Ocean Park or Disney.

Speculator is offline Registered User

Ocean Park wins hands down, more to do and see. I plan to take my daughter to Ocean Park when we return to HK this xmas.

carang is offline Registered User

we have bought annual passes to OP and our kids LOVE IT!
    disney is easier to do as it is flat and you can rent strollers etc. but OP has so much more! if you have the annual pass you don't have to worry about getting everything into one visit. they have a great area that has rides made for smaller kids and a big playground. we don't watch the dolphin show, usually we just go to the dolphin university. my son (3) can spend easily 30 minutes just watching the dolphins swimming around their pools.

also, if you have the annual pass you get a % off f & b purchases (except mcd's).

i, too, would say OP hands down. (although for a special treat we have gone to disney.)

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

I teach, and the kids that I teach seem to get WAY more excited about Disney than OP.. I think Disney, even though it's not as "good" as the ones in the States, has a special atmosphere - and it's all about the atmosphere... in reality, there's probably more to DO at OP, but it doesn't have the same exciting "feel" that Disney does... and I think that the kids sense that too... The kids that I teach would talk ALL DAY about Disney but I've never heard ANY of them go on like that about OP... *shrugs*

carang is offline Registered User

it's the same as the parents.... the locals go for the name brand.

it's all a matter of how the parents deal with going to either. if the parents make a huge deal out of OP, then the kids will too.

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User

I think it depends on the age of the child.

My son is 19 months old and loves Disney.....there's so much for him to go on and see there. I think in the whole of Disney there are just two rides he can't go, due to height restrictions. Plus he loves the live shows.

Disney is great for us in DB because it is so close. Ocean Park is miles and miles away!

We have taken our son to Ocean Park once and while he did enjoy seeing the animals, I still think it is better for older kids.

For kids over 5 and adults then Ocean Park is much, much better.

Disney here seems to have been designed just for the under 5s!!

capital is offline Banned

I like OP better than Disney. It is much bigger, has a lot more to offer, lots of different things to do. All the litttle kids things are in one area. You can use a stroller but it is a bit of a pain, definatly not as stroller friendy but doable, you just have to walk farther to go a differnt way and there are some places that have stairs for no logical reason whatsoever. Also change table hard to find, but they are there. Disney only has rides and a couple of shows. I have to agree that my son asks to go to disney over Op, but I think that is very much due to marketing, after all you can see mickey mouse on TV!! Disney does have that different feel to it, that a child might think of as magical, but I thought of as blantant consumerism ( my first time at any disney was when I was over the age of 30). Not that OP isn't commercial, but disney is just so so much more so.

mintycat is offline Registered User

In my opinion, Disney is better with younger kids as it is flat and more stroller and kids friendly. It is cleaner than OP and has a nice nursing room. Most of the rides are suitable for even really young children. It is also not as crowded as OP.

If you have older kids, they'll definitely get more out of OP. But for me with kids who are 3 and 1, after navigating the stroller up and down the hill and carrying it up and down the stairs and escalators is really tiring towards the end of the day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast