Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

End in sight?

shoni is offline Registered User
    Well, had another scan today and thankfully something that I tried this week worked.

C section cancelled for Friday and all systems go for natural delivery, we are 3/5 engaged miraculously.

How's everyone else doing?

dueJuly is offline Registered User
    Shoni,

That's great news!!
    You must be so relieved!

Very relieved, have a big smile on my face and feel so much more relaxed now. Last thing I wanted was a C section, just got to keep her head down now!

How are you?

snagito is offline Registered User
    Such fantastic news Shoni, well done!!!!! Good luck for a safe delivery..

Tracey Nicole is offline Banned
    great news Shoni. good luck gal!!!

out of curiosity, who is your doctor? sounds to me that he has put you through some unncesary stress. also not sure how you get 3/5 engaged? or perhaps my dr is giving me different info.

who knows. all i know is that i wish you all the best!!

cheers and sushi (post birth). kind regards, trace

No unnecessary stress, saw the position on the scan myself last week and this. Can't really dispute head under my ribs and then head in pelvis.

I did spend most of the week in 'favourable' positions for baby to turn so think that may have done the trick, just got to spend the rest of my time in positions to assit her staying where she is! We have a family history of breach births (I was breach) so really cannot blame the Doc. And she was genuinely happy that baby had turned (even tho she gets paid more for C section).

Doc has been fantastic can't fault her at all. The reason for getting her to turn quick was to avoid the risk of an emerancy C section as they won't allow natural delivery of breach babies. I am sure tho if I pushed they would have tried an ECV had I gone into labour with baby still breach. Not sure how well it works during labour....?

I actually think the main reason for her turning was mum changing her flights to come out earlier! Kind of guaranteeing that she would turn and then come late!

Enjoy scones this afternoon.

Shoni

oh and there are levels of engagement 1/5 to 5/5, so guess I am half way there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12