Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pram for international travel.

spockey is offline Registered User

Pram for international travel.

I've got a 2 year old bub and we tried over the weekend to manage without a pram on our long day trip to the Disco Bay dragon boat race and realised that it's not a possibility to go on our long holiday without a buggy. Hubbby had a backache and bub was TOTALLY shattered - went to bed at 4pm without dinner and didn't get up til 6 the next day!

So I'm considering purchasing a Quinny Zapp or an umbrealla stroller. I would like to know other mum's perspectives on strollers suitable for travel. We'd be getting on and off the plane this July/August at least 8 times over the two months! So, it's got to be airport/plane friendly.

If you have any other suggestions, I'm all ears too! Thanks!

snagito is offline Registered User

Hi Spockey

We were at the Disco Bay dragon race too - and our little guy (2.5) had a complete and utter meltdown -we really should have taken the stroller but also thought we could manage. Sigh. Had to leave even before lunch as the combination of the heat and the noise and having to walk or be carried just didn't work out for us. Hubby and I had a bit of a disagreement as he thought we should bring it and I said it wouldn't be practical on the beach - he had to do most of the carrying so was justifiably

What we have is a Maclaren Quest as it's pretty light and durable and it's worked quite well for international travel and next time I go anywhere I will take it!!

JandIinHK is offline Registered User

we took the baby bjorn to the boat race, and although difficult getting on and off, we were glad we didn't bring the buggy. we've just arrived with our Loola, which is way too bulky, so i bought the maclaren triumph which is fantastic and soo light. it has a strap to carry over your shoulder. it's also bright pink ( though comes in more sedate colours) i'd totally recommend it. i've been on and off buses, in and out taxis on my own with our 7 month baby.

spockey is offline Registered User

Hey ladies! Thanks for your suggestions. We should have organised a meet-up of geobaby mums... oh well, next time!

We do have the Maclaren Quest but I don't think you can take it to the doorstep of the plane like the Quinny Zapp which supposedly can be folded into a backpack. Our flight back to Hong Kong is at midnight and bub is usually sleeping soundly or otherwise extremely cantankerous. Anyone has had experience of using the Maclaren all the way to the boarding gate?

fee
    fee is offline Registered User

our McLaren Quest has seen many air-bridges. The only time we have had a problem is one time leaving New Zealand when they said they no-one was allowed to take a buggy airside (despite the fact that we. being New Zealanders, had done so many times) Think we just got the brunt of someone having a bad day.... Even in Heathrow (where almost everything is a problem) the buggy was fine.

aussie mum is offline Registered User

we have the maclaren quest and have taken it right up to the plane many times without a problem

eflats is offline Registered User

same here with the maclaren quest - on many occassions we've brought planeside and only removed our bub as we stepped on the plane out, folded it in about 3 seconds, and were on our way. I find it great to travel with.

Sleuth is offline Registered User

We use a sit-n-stroll. The wheels on the stroller retract under the base and the handle telescopes up/down. So it is both an FAA approved car seat and a stroller. Our 2 YO has logged over 100,000 air miles in his already. It's perfect for airports and malls, although the wheels are small so would not be good for long cross-country strolling.
    Downside is they are hard to purchase outside the USA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast