Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

due Jan 09

C bebe is offline Registered User
    tigerlily - it's so great to hear from you! i can't believe your baby was jumping around! maybe he/she was saying, "hi mommy!" so cute... now i'm totally looking forward to my appt next week. =) where do you live in mid-levels? i live close to the peak on old peak road. maybe we're neighbors?

i'm planning on returning to yoga - but this time prenatal yoga - in a few weeks when i reach 13-14 weeks. i'm so looking forward to being able to stretch my body and work off some of this backache!

btw, i think pure yoga offers individual classes for sale for those wanting to try it out or buy just a pack of classes. i'll double check...

Tigerlily is offline Registered User
    hahah...it look like he/she was sucking hi/her finger as well!!

I leave in old peak road too, Hillsborough Court. We were not planning for the little one so the flat is a bit small but I think we can cope at the beginning. At least I have an excuse to keep my mother in law away =)
    Where about do you leave?

I heard PURE is one of the best. I am going back to Europe next week and back mid of August. I was planning to book a free-trial after that....will let you know, it will be good to go with someone else. I am quite famous for being a bit lazy!!!

ha! we are neighbors!!! i'm directly across from you @ dynasty court! i heard you guys have a better pool than us... lol. we have a pretty spacious 3 bdrm flat but my husband won't let me buy anything for the baby's room yet! no fun.

it'd be so fun if we end up doing pure yoga together! let me know when you'll be visiting for your trial class. have a wonderful trip & i'll see you well into our 2nd trimester!

Tigerlily is offline Registered User
    feel free to come over anytime...swimming is meant to be very good, shame this weather tho!

i will definitely get in touch when I am back and we can organize something

see you soon!!

hi ladies, i'm going back to the states for awhile so i'm selling my pure yoga membership @ the central/soho location. please pm me if interested. thanks!

peakresident is offline Registered User
    hi also due feb 09 if all goes well...not out of woods yet as first and late (late thirties)..was slightly unplanned in terms of tryig so a bit unexpected. not sure what must dos are. used to live in london which was obessive abt booking schools, nurseries, maternity nurses upon confirmation of pregnancy..what are the must dos here..live on the peak..not very convenient but very family oriented and great views and some sense of greenery and peace and quiet..look forward to hearing some views

any ideas on pre natal yoga in central- or private tutors? am a working mom so will have to be evenings only..also does anyone know what maternity leave rules are in hk?

Dink is offline Registered User
    Hi Peakresident - congratulations! I'm due in Feb '09 too, but pretty new to Hong Kong, I am sure others with more experience will advise you on maternity care. One thing you definitely do need to think about is where you plan to deliver the baby, I know that when I booked into the Matilda - about 3 weeks ago - they told me January was already full and Feb. not much space left, so if you want options I would start looking into it now. Another thing I did was go to Annerley midwives for a 30 minute chat, you can go with a list of questions about maternity care in Hong Kong, that might help you. I'm going to do some prenatal yoga too, but probably not beginning for a few weeks yet. All the best, hope you soon get everything sorted.

Hagrid is offline Registered User
    Hi peakresident, I have a membership with planetyoga and I saw that they have 2 prenatal class per week. I haven't tried that yet with my morning (afternoon, evening) sickness but you can check their schedule posted on website and go for free trial first.

As for maternity benefits, you can check http://www.labour.gov.hk/eng/public/...seGuide/06.pdf and your company policy as your company may cover more than the government requires.

Definitely hospital is the first thing to look at. I'm relieved that I finally got a place confirmed in Adventist yesterday, still have to go to pay for a deposit though. School is not much a concern until your kid is 2.

Good luck!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Scroll to top