Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Stretchy wrap/sling/carrier - want to buy 2nd hand

hkaussie is offline Registered User

Stretchy wrap/sling/carrier - want to buy 2nd hand

I'm looking for a second hand wrap carrier, like the hugabub or similar stretchy wrap. I have found the slen tricot brand at Smartypants in central, but would like to see if I can buy one second hand first. Does anyone have one they want to sell?

MaiYe is offline Banned

sling

i've got hotsling. feel free to email me at <[email protected]> if you are interested, tks!

florence

Thanks MaiYe, I was more interested in the long wrap (ie long piece of fabric that you wrap around, rather than a pouch since I already have one of those. Thanks anyway!

Tracey Nicole is offline Banned

hey there,

I was on the same mission as you but ended up buying a Sleep Wrap from the US. www.sleepywrap.com

Sleepy wrap is very smiliar to Hugabub but US$33.95 whereas Hugabub ranges from AUD$100-150. I even explored ebay for hugabub and starting bids were AUD$49.95.

Hope this helps. nGood luck. Cheers,

Thanks Tracey, that one looks really great for a young baby. If I can't find a 2nd hand one, I will definitely consider getting one of those.

Buckeroo is offline Registered User

Hi, I have a MobyWrap (turquoise - with UV protection) that I might be willing to part with. www.mobywrap.com

Please PM me if you are interested.

peainpod is offline Registered User

I've always been curious about the Moby wrap. I am a big Baby Bjorn fan b/c there's no guesswork at all, but I'd like to get something I can breastfeed while out and about. How hard is it to use the Moby wrap?

(I used to have a mayawrap but found it too difficult to use, even after practicing with the DVD a few times. I'm just not confident enough to take bubs out in it. Maybe I give up too easily - but anyway, I've sold it to someone more capable.)

Buckeroo is offline Registered User

With regard to the Moby Wrap --

In terms of ease of use, you can't compare it with the Baby Bjorn (the Moby is pretty much one long stretchy piece of fabric that you have to tie up properly), but in terms of comfort, the Moby wins hands down. It is so much easier on the back, the shoulders, the hips, as the weight is distributed. Not to mention that the material is oh so soft...

The Moby does take a bit of practice to get right, but personally, I think it is worth it. I would often get comments about how snug the baby looked in it and how 'fashionable' it looks. For me the best part was the comfort when I'm wearing the baby --it just felt so right. :)