Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Where to get Play Yards

fennho is offline Registered User

Where to get Play Yards

Hi mommies

anyone knows where to get play yards for babies? i got a bumper playmat and would like to surround with some play yards to mark her play area...i checked out Toys r Us but couldnt find any. Any ideas?

carang is offline Registered User
    bumps to babes have babyden's... they are excellent. you can often find them used for much cheaper than you would pay from the shop. we got both of ours used.

lucy0 is offline Registered User
    Dear Carang,
    Do you know where we can find a used babyden? has been looking for one.

Thank you,
    Mommy Lee

keep your eyes open on the geoexpat website and the "other" expat website. that's where we got ours.

Nashua852 is offline Registered User
    Baby dens are great but for days when I'm playing with K I just lay down the duvet that's part of his cot bedding set. He can't use it until he's a year old anyway and it makes a great cushiony extension of his playmat. I surround it with cushions from our couch and the ones on top of his toybox and chuck down a few books toys and the like. He prefers it to being in the playpen as I can be on the same level as him and work on my laptop, plus he can try sitting under supervision or play with an apparently fascinating ball of string whilst in his bumbo.
    Last edited by Nashua852; 06-16-2008 at 04:12 PM. Reason: mummy brain repetition

lucy0 is offline Registered User
    hi carang,
    thanks for the advice, we have been using floor mats and cushions but we still can't keep our boy inside a safe area since he started creeping. I wonder what does other do when their babies start crawling? do you clear off everything on the floor and just let them crawl everywhere?
    I saw something that is similar to the babyden but made out of plastic, called superyard but I don't think they sell it in HK.

Cheers,
    Mommy Lee

i found that we used our playpens/baby den occasionally. our two would scream their little heads off if we ever left them for more than a few minutes...

the baby den though is so versitile... we used it when both our kids were young to pen-in the christmas tree... that in itself was worth it. otherwise we would have been constantly picking up the tree and all of the ornaments...