Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ovulation test and conception curve positioning pillow

helywong is offline Registered User

ovulation test and conception curve positioning pillow

hi all,

i have started using ovulation test strip which i bot from www.saveonetest.com. As my cycle length varies from 28-31days over the past few months so I took the average by adding up the past 5 cycles divided by 5 = 30days. My last period was June 3 which means i should start testing by day 12 or day 13...so i did just this Sat and Sun but they were both negative results.

Please advise if there are any special procedures need to follow to get the accurate result?

in addition, I also read from a website about positioning pilllow: http://www.conceptioncurve.com/index.htm
    which suggests "After ejaculation the woman should continue to lie on her back with her pelvis slightly tilted upward for some time, maybe 20 to 30 minutes." I want to seek your experience how useful this is and if it is worth to buy?

many thanks

C bebe is offline Registered User
    my period is very irregular so i also ordered the ovulation strips from saveontests.com. i waited about a week and a half after my last period and tested myself EVERYDAY - luckily the strips are very cheap so i ordered them in bulk. so don't get discouraged already and just test everyday!

as for the pillow, i don't think you need it. just prop yourself against a wall with your legs raised afterwards for however minutes you can. i lasted 5 minutes before getting antsy!

good luck~! =)

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Take the ovulation kits daily until you get a positive result. It always took me longer than I thought it "should" and I would think that it missed it - but when I was patient, it did eventually "work" - it was just me being impatient all along! The ONE time that I actually kept using them long enough to get a positive result (after about 2 or 3 months of me thinking that the tests weren't working), I managed to fall pregnant!

I wouldn't bother buying a pillow - I sometimes stuck a regular pillow under my hips for a little while - or propped myself against the wall - and never for more than a few minutes coz I'd get so tired like that!!

doodle is offline Registered User
    Hi
    I also bought the ovulation tests from saveontests. I used them everyday and found that I got a second line on the strip for about 3 days (this happened about 17 days after the first day of AF). The first day it was really light, then it got darker and darker. I used the tests for 2 months, then got a bfp! I'm now 5 weeks - yay!

thanks all for your sharing.

what is the best time during the day to do the test? my tryings were among morning time and evening time. both showed negative results and yesterday i tested again at home after work, (around 8ish pm) ,still negative. :(

My husband and I will just keep our normal sex even we found the negative result just to maximize the possibility. I will listen to all of your advices to take test everyday during the ovulation period until the +ve result shown.

thanks and will keep update posted

just one more question.

I am using those feminine washing product i.e Lacatyd. would that affect the LH hormones when i do the ovulation test?

thanks

doodle is offline Registered User
    Hi

I used them around 5pm. I don't think it matters what time as long as its not in the morning, and around the same time everyday.

I have never used any such products so I can't help with that, and also I always fall to sleep after bding (I'm such a man!!), I didn't use a pillow , but didn't get up either.

rani is offline Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by doodle View Post

I have never used any such products so I can't help with that, and also I always fall to sleep after bding (I'm such a man!!),
    Good one!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast