Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Brands & things

7807 is offline Registered User

I was worried to when I first got home about all the bathing stuff. I didn't mind carting buckets of water around the place because I felt more in control with the bath on the table. Our kitchen sink isn't big enough otherwise I would definitely do it that way- ultra convenient. We can discuss this afternoon!

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

Our kitchen sink is this weird plasticy kind of material that NEVER seems clean, no matter how much I scrub it!! I don't think it'd be very hygienic!!

carang is offline Registered User

i know the kind you're talking about...i had one of those here YEARS ago!

MilkMonster is offline Registered User

Hi mommies, just an idea about baby baths, we never used a real baby bath, instead we bought one of these plastic basins they sell in the local hk stores like japan home center. it's small enough to manage for the first few months and then we switch to bathing the babies in the regular tub after 4mths or when they are more solid. They are really inexpensive something like $30hkd

http://www.jonquil.com.sg/UploadedIm...re_basin_b.jpg

As for strollers, I am a huge fan of the Graco Edt. I love the way the bee looks but it's still quite heavy. i also had the sit and stroll - which was great for travel but not for use in hong kong b/c it's too low to the ground and the wheels are only really meant for indoor strolling. AND i have the bugaboo chameleon- which i still love but hardly use b/c i can't manage a short flight of stairs with a 20lb baby in there. Now that I have 2 babies, i have bought a phil and teds double stroller...haha i know, i know...in my attempts to 'make life easier' i have cluttered my apartment with all these strollers when in most cases, if i need to run out for a quick errand, the easiest and fastest way is to just carry both of them!! The older one on my back using the Ergo and the 4mth old in my arms...or the little one on my front in the Ergo and the Older one toddling along. I did use the graco edt for over a year tho and it was the best buy for me. it's so light and folds with one hand.

lol life with kids is never easy but it's so full of joy (and headaches) :)

MilkMonster is offline Registered User

sorry forgot to mention, slings are really nice in the beginning because you can hold the baby really close to you but i found they are not meant for long periods of use with a heavy baby 10lbs+ great for short errands but can get painful in the shoulder and neck after a few hours. (i had a hot sling) never tried one of those wrap it yourself ones...looked too complicated and hot for me...

TreenJ is offline Registered User

haven't given baths much thought, but a friend here did buy the bath on the stand and stood it in her shower which seemed a good idea to me? (fill up, wash and empty in there).

of course, only works I guess if you have a shower separate from the bath!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910