Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Brands & things

peainpod is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by karmah1 View Post
    With the Baby Plus, how loud is it? I was reading the website and it says use for an hour in the morning, and as I have an early morning start at work it would be good to be able to use at my desk as long as it didn't disturb my co-workers. I don't fancy waking up any earlier than I have to, to use it at home - 6.30am is early enough!

thanks
    I've heard of ppl bringing it to the office but personally, I find it pretty loud - and there's no volume control. So unless you have your own office with fairly solid walls (or you want to annoy your co-workers), I probably wouldn't. On the other hand, I never used it in the morning - only at night - usually before bedtime.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

Ok - "brand question"...

For slings - do you guys think that one that wraps up and ties is better? Or one that is a fixed length already?

I was thinking, a fixed size one would be more simple - but it might be harder for both me AND hubby to use the same one... but a tie up one might be too complicated for me and hubby and so we might not end up using it anyway...

What's everyone else thinking???

Bubbly is offline Registered User

How about putting a cushion over it to cover the noise? I did that in the beginning when I found the beat too loud! It's really strange, the second round using it doesn't seem as loud as before, maybe I already knew what was coming??

7807 is offline Registered User

slings- arghhh- I could never use them and my daughter went crazy when I tried. Kind of defeated the purpose as I thought I might be able to use it to calm her down! I was probably a bit uncordinated though and not thinking very clearly through lack of sleep. I have to say that the baby bjorn completely saved me and is soooo easy to use. I used it at least once a day for the first nine months. My daughter was 3.5 kgs (pretty average for Oz) when she was born so I was able to use the BB straight away. She loved it and slept beautifully the minute I put her in and set off. I actually have a sling with a clip on it that I don't use, you're more than welcome to borrow if you're keen to try one out before you buy. Pm me if you're keen. Hate to see it go to waste.

kmalia is offline Registered User

i just checked out the Ergo baby carrier that bubbly mentioned and it seems very versatile and easy to adjust. If you purchase an additional 'infant insert' you can use it as a sling, front carrier, hip carrier and back carrier. And it looks like it has very good back support, which is important for mom and dad. http://www.ergobabycarrier.com/

7807 is offline Registered User

I have loads of carrying devices, including the ergo. I still use the ergo all the time and my daughter is 14mths and I'm 27 weeks preggers. So it really helps to carry the load. I found that it takes a bit more getting used to compared with the babu bjorn but it is a great distributer of weight. You can hardly feel the impact because it distributes the weight around your hips and keeps your lower back safe. We go the baby insert and used it once. Again, i just found it too difficult when my daughter was an infant to use but I was sleep deprived and not very patient. I have to say that the best part about it is that you can use it forever and in lots of different carrying positions. Great for travel.

kmalia is offline Registered User

Thanks 7807 - soooo much stuff to buy! my first mission will be to find the cot! I am not familiar with a lot of the UK and Australian brands (Boori, Kidsmill, etc) and have been doing a lot of research.

Also not sure to put baby in our room for first 6 mos. (as recommended by the Am. Pediatric society) or keep cot in a separate room - which will determine the size of the cot! Any thoughts?

peainpod is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by kmalia View Post
    Also not sure to put baby in our room for first 6 mos. (as recommended by the Am. Pediatric society) or keep cot in a separate room - which will determine the size of the cot! Any thoughts?
    I think it all depends on your situation. We kept the cot in a separate (baby's) room but because I was breastfeeding so much in the first weeks, it was easier to keep bubs with me in a bassinet next to our bed. I finally moved bubs to his own crib/room when he turned 3 months - mainly out of necessity as he was fast outgrowing the bassinet and also because I was going back to work.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast