Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Brands & things

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tvann View Post
    i do have 1 great advice when it comes to bottles. My sister is law sent over Dr Brown's bottles to me which are amazing cos they reduce the gas and discomfort for the baby so you don't need to really burp him/her. I saw her using it last time i saw her and she swears by them. i don't think they sell in HK tho, gotta get them sent over.
    You can get Dr Brown's bottles in Wing On - one of my friends loves them as well :)

tallmama is offline Registered User
    hi there, my girl is 6 months now and we've tried different brands of milk bottles. she finally picked Green to Grow. i have 3 brand new Avent bottles and 3 brand new Dr Brown's PES bottles (all with packaging). I also have some 2nd hand Avent bottles (used for 1.5 months) and 3 Dr Brown's PES bottles (used less than 5 times). PM me if u r interested. I just don't want to waste them.

7807 is offline Registered User
    Hey, so many exciting things to think about!

As far as the breast pump goes, I used an avent hand pump last time and almost ended up with RSI! It's fine when you've got plenty of milk and it all comes out quickly but later on, it drove me nuts and the squeeking- aahhh. This time I have bought an electric medela number that I have heard good things about. It's compact so it will be good for travel aswell.

I didn't buy any formula last time. Where are you having the baby? They should be able to give you advice about what to do if your milk doesn't come in. There will probably be a professional involved if this does happen (midwife, doc etc) so they can advise you at the time.

If you have a sink you can bathe the baby in definitely use it! Makes life so much easier. I used to do on holidays back home and it was great. Much better for your back and much easier to organise.

I'm pretty sure they advise not to cover a sleeping baby's head because the head acts as a temperature regulator, just use more layers on the body if the bub is cold.

simoneb is offline Registered User
    Hi Again,

Sorry for the confusion ... thought the question about winter clothing was when taking the baby outside... certainly would not put a hat on the baby when sleeping.

kmalia is offline Registered User
    Thanks for all the info. guys! Very very helpful!

I just plan to pump so that my hubby can have the opportunity to help out with night time feeds. But I can imagine the manual pumping might get tiresome, so after some research I am leaning toward Medela Swing - it can be battery-operated and plugged in - but there is only one pump...which should be okay right?!

Having the baby at Matilda, so I am assuming they can assist me in case the milk doesn't come in - so I'll hold off on formula for now!

Yes, the question for winter clothing referred to outside trips! I come from a warm climate where babies practically run around naked their entire lives, so I am overwhelmed with all these clothing choices!

Smiles is offline Registered User
    Talking of climates....has anyone looked into a room thermometer? The temp in our apartment tends the vary quite a lot (bedrooms get freezing after air con is on for a while but as soon as you turn them off you start to roast...), plus in winter don't want to turn the room into an oven!

Does anyone think maybe some kind of free standing aircon/heater is better to keep a regular temp?

kmalia is offline Registered User
    i think you don't want to dry out the air too much (as you can with a freestanding heater) - I plan to use a humidifier, which tends to raise the temperature of the room using humidification.

Also, the angelcare monitor we are buying has a room thermometer...some of the other moms said buying a room thermometer was a bit useless - they just went by 'feel'.

tinks is offline Registered User
    Kmalia - I've just bought the Swing pump from Eugene - works out cheaper than B2B if you have the VIP discount card, which I think you do. They also give you a demonstration on how to use it - not on your breast but a fake plastic one they have!

Smiles - We're just bought a cheapy digital thermometer which shows the current heat and humidity as well as the hightest and lowest heat and humidity over the past 24 hours (hubby is a bit of an anorak when it come to things like that!). I was going to do what Kmalia said and use the humidifier or just go by feel. If you're unsure, may be ask your Heath Visitor when she comes to visit.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast