Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Help preganant wife arriving in HK in 4 weeks

shoni is offline Registered User
    I swapped Dr's at 20+ weeks and as a result my new OBGYN was a resident Dr at Matilda and so they encouraged me to go there, although they tried to book a bed for me at Adventist and Matilda. Six weeks later I got a confirmed bed (4 person room) at Matilda.

My OBGYN is Dr Grace Cheung, she is in the same practice as Dr Lucy Lord, at Central Health.

They reassured me that although people go onto waiting lists they have never been refused a bed when someone has gone into labour. I was lucky that I got a confirmed bed so quickly after swapping Dr's so late. Hope this is reassuring.

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    Fo Tan
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracey Nicole View Post
    i am with dr dawkins and at 34 weeks i am still not confirmed (i booked at 13 weeks - my fault). it seems the priority at the matilda is for patients who book VIP or private rooms.

however it is also important to note that if the birthing rooms are being used and a confirmed person comes along, they would have to go public.
    Could be true. We booked a private room, no problem. But we did do it earlier than 13 weeks.
    Also on "the day" Matilda would have turned us away in the morning and even early afternoon, but we got in during the late afternoon.

James May is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson View Post
    Thanks everyone, this really helps I guess I had better get on the phone tomorrow and get her booked in.

Kind regards

Good luck and welcome to Hong Kong.

Jeremy Clarkson is offline Registered User
    Thanks very much for al the advice. Before too long the Hamster will be along too

Hayzee is offline Registered User
    Mid Levels
    Dr Alex Doo is a wonderful doctor and delivers regularly at Matilda. He delivered mine there a few weeks ago.
    Find him at his clinic in Central:

The Women's Clinic
    Room 318
    Central Building
    3 Pedder St
    Tel: 2523 3007
    Last edited by Hayzee; 06-24-2008 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake! It's Alex DOO

princess is offline Registered User
    pok fu lam
    Alternatively you can see Dr Grace Cheung from Central Health at Central. I just delivered at Matilda and thank God I was given a bed coz Dr Grace delivers there.She's excellent and she did my stitches nicely. BTW, this is my 3rd c-section. In fact it was the least pain of all c-sections i had. I must also say that my anaesthetist Dr Cheung Yu did a fantastic job!

tstmum is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    JC, thought about how you might get your wife to hospital? A Bugatti, maybe?

Hagrid is offline Registered User
    Park Island
    Hi princess,

Is it easy to get an appointment with Dr. Cheung? Do you have to wait long before she sees you? Would you mind telling me how much you paid for the total bill with Grace Cheung/hospital/etc? I want to deliver at Adventist with Dr. Fang, as I am happy with both with my firstborn but I can't get an appointment with Dr. Fang until I'll be after 12 weeks and I'm worried that I won't get a bed with the hospital...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast