When do we need to feed fully breastfed babies WATER?
- 06-20-2008, 05:06 PM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- Feb 2003
- Hong Kong
It is fine to introduce water as the solids your baby takes become more solid (and if you wait until baby is six months they can start off solid rather than liquid).
I'd suggest giving the water in a cup rather than a bottle. This way the baby will take less and you don't have to worry about the quantity - just let her drink as much as she wants.
SARAHLa Leche League Leader
- 06-21-2008, 11:25 AM #10
does that mean i can start off the solids EVEN if baby still is not sitting upright? She can now sit on her own for a mere few seconds before toppling over, so i'm wondering if she's ready for solids or do i have to wait? Water wise, when & how much shud i give her? Immediately aft a meal? Is there a max amount of ml to give a day? Cos i've heard water can also make their small tummy feel full, hence it'll also make them refuse nursing. Sorry for the silly questions. :(
- By vivianhui in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 10Last Post: 05-04-2007, 05:41 PM
- By cazza1975 in forum Family HealthReplies: 7Last Post: 11-06-2005, 10:18 PM
- By Rianna in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 12Last Post: 08-26-2005, 03:23 PM
- By Mona in forum Baby TalkReplies: 8Last Post: 08-02-2003, 11:44 PM
- By armstroe in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 3Last Post: 07-10-2003, 02:40 PM