Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rightmind kindergarten and ISF

PTmum is offline Registered User

Rightmind kindergarten and ISF

Would be very grateful if anyone has information or experience with
    1. rightmind kindergarten in Apleichau
    2. ISF school in cyberport

We are seriously considering moving to be closer to the kinde/school we pick and I'm sure that many of you have already been thru the pains of choosing the "right" place for your kids.

I have heard good things about the above
    - true bilingual (putonghua and english) environment
    - flexible learning

From previous posts also some negative stuff about kinderU (are these the same people as rightmind, or under same organization but run as separate entities).

Does anyone know if the above really do care for their students and provide an all rounded learning experience and if it is hard to get into ISF?

Thanks!

MaiYe is offline Banned
    there are some other bilingual kindergarten. wat makes you to chose these 2? would luv to hear your analysis.

ISF is primary up
    Have not definitely chosen, but not many other bilingual schools (Putonghua/english both language speakers present for whole class, time spent 1/2:1/2 in dual languages) that are in this price range, ie tutortime is way more$$

if you have any other reccom's I'd be very interested to hear, thanks

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    I have no experience with either ISF or Rightmind Kindergarten, but I can share about Tutor Time.

I agree that Tutor Time is not cheap, but IMHO, it is definitely worth it. You can refer to my other posts about the school. My son (3yo) spoke zero Mandarin when he started almost a year ago; he is now able to converse fairly well in Mandarin. Just today, he surprised us by saying in Mandarin, "I saw a big ant." I'm very positive that no one at home taught him the word for ANT in Mandarin! The other day, while waiting for the school bus, he asked in straight Mandarin, "How come my school bus has not arrived yet?" We are just constantly amazed at how much he has learned in such a short time. I find my sons' teachers (English and Chinese) very dedicated and I truly credit them for the progress that my son has made.

I just want to make it clear that I am not an employee of Tutor Time (although I should get a hefty discount at least for all the good press I've been giving them!); I'm just a parent who has been pretty happy with the school overall.

flickserve is offline Registered User
    It should not be hard to get into ISF. Have you checked the debenture charged and the fees? It is out of many peoples budget range. We considered it and went to their openday. The school is fairly new and we considered its lack of trackrecord plus expense. These factors made us choose not to apply.
    Last edited by flickserve; 06-24-2008 at 10:19 AM.

kashismum is offline Registered User
    My daughter goes to RMKG. I also considered Tutor Time but it's too far for us. I think these two schools operate with a similar ethos.
    RMKG is truly bilingual - there are very limited options if this is a requirement. From 2 years, kids attend a 3 hr session - half in Putonghua; half in English.
    Each class has 2 teachers (1 for each language) and an assistant (for toilet and snack duties).
    I am very impressed so far and plan to send my son there as soon as he is 2.
    My only mild complaint is the haphazard methods of communication with parents (and the Chinglish) but I am learning to be more tolerant!
    I'd say you can enrol your child in KinderU to try first. They have a Rightmind programme from 18 months which is very similar to kindy.
    If you'd like any more info, please PM me.

Very useful info thank you all, I have not checked the cost for ISF but was thinking about this school as if I choose rightmind not sure where they will head for primary school.

Yes, I do want truly bilingual (have the option in HK). Good to hear of a firsthand experience I will try to PM u Kashismum (have not tried this yet).

This is alot more complicated then I ever thought, back home I would have just sent him to whatever was around the corner...:yeah2

Neha is offline Banned
    Victoria is also Bilingual

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast