Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

High FSH with Dr Milton Leong, any experience?

Joyce_f is offline Registered User

High FSH with Dr Milton Leong, any experience?

I tried to have ivf in April 2007, after all the stimulation injections, and dr found out that I was not responding to the drugs, and stopped the cycle. Then I went to see another dr, she found out that my FSH level wass higher than normal, I am 35, FSH was 14 (limit is 11), I was very upset, as all the dr I visited before told me that I was 100% healthy, have regular period, BBT shows my ovulation is ok too. The problem is only my husband?s sperm counts. The FSH result told me that my ovaries are not working very well. Since then I started to have Chinese Medicine daily and acupuncture 3 time a week. Within one month, my FSH dropped back to 7 and kept it on since then. Last Dec, I decided to have another ivf treatment, dr put me on very high dosage Gonal F (450iu) for almost 12 days. On the egg retrieval day, I got 8 eggs retrieved, I was so glad. However, when I went to have the embryos transferred, and found out that my egg quality was not very good, only got 2 eggs fertilized. I was upset, as nothing left to freeze. I did not get pregnanat.

I have been searching information about high FSH over the internet, I am not sure whether I should be on so high dosage. I know Dr Milton Leong is a very experienced doctor, I am thinking to have another ivf with him, anyone can share some stories.

W2BMOM is offline Registered User

It's such a coincidence I have almost the same problem as you. Last year at age 36, after trying to conceive for 4 yrs, I was diagnosed with high FSH of 14. Everything else was normal incl. hubby's side. Then on April 2007, I had my first IVF with Dr Tay (Milton Leong was my 2nd choice in case it didn't work out), retrieved 4 embryos and transferred 3 and the result...a beautiful 6 months old baby boy.

I think I was put on a lower dosage and short protocol at 150iu. I also realised that having a caring and ethical Dr plays an important part as well and I'm glad I found one. My dream of becoming a mom has finally come true.

Best of luck to you.

Joyce_f is offline Registered User

Dear W2BMOM,

Thanks for your sharing, I did visit Dr Tay as well in May for 2nd opinion. I did ask him what protocol he will use for my case, he said he will use high 450IU for a few days, then may lower it a bit, I am really not sure whehter I should on such high dosage agian. I like Dr Tay very much actually, as he spent a long time to study my histroy in the first visit. He is a very caring doctor as well. I only have enough money to do one more time ivf, I really want to choose a right doctor for my case. Any other ladies have stories to share, please???

camsurrey27 is offline Registered User

Today my first born son has his 20th Birthday!!
    21 years ago, I was a desperate woman when I met Dr. Leong, a very caring, sensitive to my needs, professional, extremely knowledgeable and modest man. With his help I became the mother of three wonderful children. I no longer live in Hong Kong and all I can say he was the best doctor I have ever had.