Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Turn a breach baby?

shoni is offline Registered User

Turn a breach baby?

Anyone got any good suggestions at turning a breach baby?

I am 36+4 and baby just moved from head down to breach, would rather not have a C section so trying everything to turn baby.

Tried hands and knees, laying on my back with my hips raised, ice pack on the top of my tummy, exercise ball, walking sideways up the stairs, nothing helping so far (I'm still trying all of the above), anyone tried something that worked?

Back to see Dr on Saturday to talk about ECV but have a feeling baby may be too big by the time we get to try it.

weishy is offline Banned
    hi,in sin i hv this foot reflexologist which can help but hv to go to her from like 5th or 6th month(even earlier) my daughter was breeched too,had a c-section and never regretted it cos i didnt hv much pain...compared to my friends who did natural.
    u can try talking to ur bb too

best of luck
    anyhow try to enjoy urself now b4 bb's out.....will be very very busy and really no time for urself anymore....if bb really choosed to be breeched then let him or her be :)

snagito is offline Registered User
    Hi Shoni,

I've sent you a PM, please check!

Tracey Nicole is offline Banned
    for something non traditional - perhaps call Balance and book a Yuen Method session with Victor, Cara or Kari. It would take too long to explain the method but it is simple, painless and very effective for most things. I am sure Kari will have other healing/turning options as well as she is extremely experienced in Hynobirthing etc.

Thanks all,

snagito, I have sent you a PM back.

Tracey - thanks, will see what happens with the doc on Sat and may get in touch after then if still no joy.

At the moment have my ipod earphones tucked into my waist band hoping she will turn to the music, have heard that may help too....

Ho hum...

elizaveta is offline Registered User
    Oh dear, must be quite upsetting is you are all set up to go natural. My girl was not breech, but "posterior", which is quite bad for natural deliveries. My OB said - nothing will turn her.
    However I went to Vitality Centre to see acupuncturist there, Cecilia The, and osteopath (ex-midwife) Veronique Percebois. They both helped me to turn my baby the right way, my doctor was very surprised.
    Good luck!

Cici is offline Registered User
    Try acupuncture- I was 35 weeks pregnant and breeched, after 1 session baby turned, went to Troy sing v good and painless

Thanks to everyone for your help. I dont know what, but something worked this week and baby has turned and is 3/5 engaged, thankfully!!

I tried, knee-chest, pelvic lift on my back, all fours, ice packs, music, talking and threats :p

Hope this helps other people in the same position.

Just got to make sure she doesn't turn again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast