Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Eczema causing discoloraion (white patches)

unity is offline Registered User

Eczema causing discoloraion (white patches)

hi

my dd has white patches discoloration all over her neck and some parts of her arms and face. they appear on the healed areas. has this happened to anyone? will this go away? if so, how long does it usually take?

thanks!

rani is offline Administrator
    Are you using Eloment or any other steroid creme? We got white patches from Eloment and stopped using it and they slowly faded away. We now just use Aqueous Creme.

unity is offline Registered User
    hi rani
    i did use a tiny bit of steroid/antibiotic cream around her neck for ONE day (3x) since the dr said there is a bit of infection there. it took only one day to clear the really 'angry' red so once it was subsiding the next day i stopped using it on her. however, i did not use it on her forehead or cheek area and yet those areas became 'whitish' too! :(

little girl is offline Registered User
    HI
    my daughter is now 20 month old and we have been battling eczema for a little over a year, but last month she had the worse flare up ever, all over her back , legs and stomach . i did use steroid creme to calm it down for about 5 days and switched back to hydrocortizone 1% for 3 days and now back to moisturizing her skin. it is under control but she does have white patches all over , in every place she has an eczema patch it is white now. form experience , do you guys think these white patches will ever fade away? if so how long wil they take ? any help of is appreciated .

justineg is offline Registered User
    Hi,

I had quite severe eczema as a child/teenager (still have itchy inside elbows in the humidity!) and wanted to offer some hope - I lost all the pigment on the back of my knees by the age of 10 - large unsightly white patches, but was perfectly fine by the time I was a teenager and backs of my knees have been fine ever since.

Rosewood is offline Registered User
    Unity - My daughter had white patches on her face last year which began as a mild rash. We were told by the doctor that it was fungal infection, apparently very common in Asia because of the hot and humid weather, and some people are prone to it more than others. He gave her some anit-fungal cream which cleared up the rash and the white patches have mostly faded.

joannek is offline Registered User
    on a different, my daughter has this really bad patches on the back of her thighs, which kept coming back after we stopped the antibiotic/steroid cream. i tried homeopath (which i was one of the first to suggest it here on the other thread), homeopath cream, natural cream, everything i could find. nothing helps. any suggestions?

City Jammer is offline Registered User
    Have you ever considered getting your baby checked for allergies? I would recommend my naturapath, Dr. Lynn Lim. She's with OT&P and my baby girl was checked and cleared for four allergies with her. She used to cry through the night, especially after having milk. I have food allergies myself and anyway, my baby was tested and treated at 2.5 months. After that, she slept through the night and have had no problems since. She's now 6.5 months old. I've seen other kids at her clinic with horrible eczema and all due to allergies.

Her clinic details are:
    Dr. Lynn Lim
    OT&P Clinic
    5th Floor Century Square
    1 D' Aguilar Street
    Central, Hong Kong
    Tel: 2121 1402

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast