Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Torticollis

tallmama is offline Registered User

Torticollis

my baby was diagnosed with Torticollis when she was 3 weeks old and she's on physiotherapy twice a week since then. anyone got similar case?

spockey is offline Registered User
    Someone I am close to had to deal with it. Mum was initially guilt ridden but she got over that as she realised that there was nothing she could control.

Physiotherapy was done twice a week and mum did ALL exercises religiously at least twice a day. She encouraged an all round use of the neck. But since the baby's ear is affected by the condition, they've looked into plastic surgery to get the ear reconstructed when she's older.

Bub is as healthy and normal as can be, extremely adorable too. All taken care of with physio and totally drug free.

Good Luck!

tallmama is offline Registered User
    thanks so much for sharing. my baby girl is on physiotherapy twice a week. the condition has improved a bit. thank god she's healthy other than the lump on her neck. i'm happy to share more with u and ur friend.

sunrays is offline Registered User
    My daughter has the same condition. We also did physio but it didn't really help. What we have found that has made the most difference is seeing an osteopath. She's 20 months now and her condition is much better. Happy to share if you want more info.

radicalmum is offline Registered User
    Hi mothers,

My 4mths old have the same problem. We have been doing physio since she is 2weeks old. There are minor improvement to her tilting head but we do notice that she refuse to turn to her affected side by herself unless we coax her hard.

I'm worried because she is getting more and more resistant to the therapy. and tummy time to help her motor skills and neck muscle reflected obviously that she didn't like nor want to be rolled on the affected side.

Does anyone have good recommendation to doctors or infant therapist? (i had some not so good experience with a therapist before and i've decided if they are not experience with infant, i won't risk it anymore.)

thanks you for any advices.
    cheers,
    haz

dimsum mum is offline Registered User
    hi
    dr barbara lam has a lot of experience with infants with torticollis.
    we took our daughter to the duchess of kent for her PT sessions. it was tough to watch at times, and even worse when i had to participate in the stretching exercises that caused my daughter the most distress, but the torticollis is pretty much gone.

good luck.
    tess