Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Buy a Parrot

Neha is offline Banned

Buy a Parrot

Hi

I want to buy a Parrot for my son. Any idea where I can get one.

Thanks/Neha

rani is offline Administrator
    There are a couple of Parrot stores in Wanchai. One on the side street just before the Pawn, and another is on Queen's Rd East, a block after Hopewell Center. We've adopted an African Grey Parrot from a leaving member. Do you want to Parrot-sit this summer before you take the plunge? He's really talkative and trained very well by his previous owner.

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    You can probably find some at the bird market.
    Just for information, you have to know that parrots can live very long (the grey ones from Africa can live a hundred years !), and it's a LOT of work. They are also sensitive to temperature changes, and can easily die of a draught.
    We had one for 15 years and had to give him to a zoo (we were still living in France), as he was getting depressed of being alone. He is still living there with 3 others and is much happier !

Neha is offline Banned
    Thanks Rani will check out the places u said when these rains stop. Parrot - sit to try it out is not a bad option, Will D be ok with it? Will check with Mahesh and let u know

Thanks Frenchy. Can u let me know as to what food requirements any thing specific that is required to feed them

Thanks/Neha

D will be more than happy. Told him he has to take care of Jaspar this summer as our helper is going home for a few weeks. He's been now trying to convince me to send him to my Mum's. Here's a picture of them together

http://www.geobaby.com/photos/showph.../ppuser/1/sl/s

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    I don't know about the little ones, but the grey ones from Gabon (with the red tail) can't eat parsley, it's poison for them. Apart from that they can eat nuts, fruits... our used to eat chicken and pizza !

Neha is offline Banned
    Rani

Does he have a cage ? We area going to India in July will be back on 20th So probably can take Jaspar only after that date. Is it ok for you? Let me know

Thanks/Neha

Yes he has a cage. Should be ok. Msg me when you're back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Scroll to top