Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Recommending one of our helpers for a new job>>>

kiwifi is offline Registered User

Recommending one of our helpers for a new job>>>

We've had Helen (44) with us for 8 years, and we also hired her elder sister 4 years ago when our youngest was born. Now our eldest is 10, and all 3 will be at the same school and schedule from late August, so we've decided to let Helen go. She would be available from mid August, but a bit sooner or later if needed is ok, as she can stay with us until any new contract starts.

She's very efficient, good English, can cook (Western and Chinese), handle all the grocery shopping, supervise homework, housework and laundry, basically running the household while we're both at work. Great at childminding from baby through to toddler and now kid's.

She brought up both the older kids and we treat her like family, just really needing the space now that the kids are getting older and bigger. We also want the kids to start doing more for themselves (I mean the helpers love them to pieces, but DO tend to do too much for them, if you know what I mean!)

Having worked and lived with us for so long, Helen would prefer an expat family to work for, with or without kids is fine by her. I'm sure she'd be happy to live out if needed (although if you have a newborn, it usually works out much more convenient to have a live-in!)

Feel free to email or phone me for more info, or call Helen directly to arrange an interview. I've already agreed she can go for interviews during Mon-Fri (as we have another helper too) so no problem there.

me (Fiona Lee): 9437 2108 / [email protected]
    Helen Flores (the helper): 9448 4244

kiwifi is offline Registered User
    Thanks for all the lovely enquiries, people!

Our helper, Helen, has accepted a job with what I hope will be a nice family!

Thanks again

Fi