Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

BF in Hong Kong

mushi is offline Registered User
    i agree with peanipod, looking around for a nursing room with a howling baby is 10 times tougher than just sitting in a quiet corner with little something draped around you....i normally carry a thin piece of cloth which is used to cover the pram when my baby is sleeping, doubles up as his blanket or my nursing cover when i need it to be....times square is the worst of all for BF. the room allocated for baby changing - mind u theer is no seating place there - i normally sit on the toilet seat!!! is dirty with no tissue rolls...plus every 5 mins ther is a knock on the door from jjust another girl who wants to use the loo!!....they should defi not have toilets in BF rooms.

gosh i just saw the govt website...times square got the consolation prize for the best baby changing room!!!!

Nashua852 is offline Registered User
    Mushi, they mean the changing room on the 9th flr. next to page One. Not the one on the 1st flr. which is awful. The 9th flr. one has 2 changing areas, a bfing room w/ 2 seats, and extra amenities like a bottle warmer, it's nice, pretty and sanitary and is one of my favourites in HK. The only thing that can get irritating is the music they play on loop -- when bab was < 3 mos. it got irritating as you'll be sitting there forever. I suppose it's part of the charm of the place ;p

dear nashua852, pls. tell me where exactly this one is....i know the toilets on the 9th floor next to pageone (on the backside where there is also a lift) which also has a a disabled toilet but i could not find a BF area.....in fact i also asked the attendant who kept pointing down (she meant 1st floor) as she could not talk in english ...psl. do let me know as i go to times square quite often!

fennho is offline Registered User
    mich
    yes, i agree. Some of the locals can be quite rude in terms of staring. But well, initially i was quite apprehensive too, but now i cudnt even be bothered to see who's staring, come on, i've already had a cover on! Let them stare if they want, if any of them dare to approach me to tell me off, i'd be sure to give them a proper tongue lashing! Haha.

mailmail is offline Registered User
    Funny enough, I have breast fed all my three babies all in Hong Kong and I haven't noticed or remembered any staring. Who cares, why bother going to the ladies/babies room if you are not embarrassed yourself. I am a strong believer that breastfeeding is normal part of life, and if anyone does stare, maybe they want to learn how to breastfeed, watch all they want. I only recalled once that a staff asked me to go to the ladies to breastfeed. She said the young couple on the next table didn't feel very comfortable about it. That happened in the Disneyland Hotel restaurant (and they didn't have any comfortable chairs inside the toilet either). I didn't try to be difficult though, I complied but I did ask if she could be kind enough to push in a chair for me which she did. I wasn't bitter. I respect that some people cannot accept that I was grateful that they said so.

fennho is offline Registered User
    mushi...where's the website?

Nashua852 is offline Registered User
    mushi, you were at the correct location, however instead of going into the toilet corridor, the wall opposite pageOne has a glass door with 'baby care room' or something to that effect. Hope that helps!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast