Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

checklist - will deliver witin 4 weeks - am I ready

Tracey Nicole is offline Banned

checklist - will deliver witin 4 weeks - am I ready

hey there gals,

I will deliver inside the next four weeks and did 'what i think to be' my final marathon shop yesterday.

I now have:

change mat
    change table
    mobile
    bath tub
    johson baby wipes
    oil
    shampoo
    nail clippers
    cotton buds
    alcohol
    diapers
    muslin clothes / squares
    theremoter
    diaper bag

long sleeve and legged bodysuits x 6
    short sleeve bodysuits x 6
    Plus other outfits
    No scatchy mittens x 1
    cotton hats x 2
    socks
    booties
    cotton blanket / swaddle x 6

cot
    ftted sheets x 2
    flat sheets x 2
    thermal blanket x 1
    warmer swaddle x 4 if needed
    water proof matress protector

aprica stoller
    mosquitto net
    activity mat
    baby carriers x 3

breast feeding bras
    breast pads - disposable and washable
    lanolin nipple cream
    feeding tops
    maternity pads

nursery curtains
    a pic over the change table
    mobile over change table (nothing near cot)

i know I still need to buy:

square cotton pads
    small plastic bowl
    zinx oxide
    thermoter for the room (where to buy???)
    matress protector
    baby monitor (keen to buy second hand)
    moses basket
    black and white toys

anything glaringly obvious that i have not listed or missed???

any tippers would be grand.

thanks in advance. kind regards, trace

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    A pump to clean the nose, very important, knowing that babies breath only with their nose during the first year.
    Also, don't bother too much about shampoo and so on, water is enough for the 3 first months.
    Concerning the toys, they don't play much before the 3rd month.

Welcome in the mums world ! :D

You didn't mention diaper cream ?.. we used the Weleda one, "preventing" any rash by putting cream at each change, and our son never had any problem at all.

Sorry, me again :blahblah... just checking my "life saver basket" in the bathroom, and we are also using the "serum physiologique" (saline solution) to clean baby's eyes and nose. You can find some Mustela small doses, very useful. They have some at B2B....

salevizos is offline Registered User
    Trace,
    The only other thing I can think of for your list is a rain cover for the stroller.

I bought the zink oxide (Desitin brand) at the Mannings on D'Aguilar in Central. For the room thermometer, you can get a GroEgg one at most of the baby shops; I'm pretty sure Annerley carries them as well.

Happy Handover Day,
    Sarah

Tracey Nicole is offline Banned
    frenchy - you are a star! many many thanks. my maid actually added the nose pump to the basket yesterday and encouraged the purchase. thanks to you and her, otherwise I would have never bought it! yep, missed the diaper cream as well. as for saline - many thanks. never heard of this also.

i need to venture back to b2b to pick up the matress protector so this works in perfectly.

thanks for this Sarbear2! i did dream of the cover last night. do you think it is over kill to get a mosquitto net as well?

i will pink up zink oxide as well. the only thing I dont like about the goegg is that you can not turn the light off. if i take gina fords milarary classics to heart - this just wont do. :-)

happy handover to you both. trace

ps as a side frenchy - r u french? the father of my child is french african. i can not speak a word of french but will end up teaching my little gal :-)

Hi ! Just sent you a pm :)

ania8888 is offline Registered User
    Hi

I had my baby girl 10 weeks ago. I did not know what I need mittens for. Then I saw how much she scratched her face in her sleep, or pull her nostrils or poke in her eyes - Moro reflex for the first at least 6 weeks. So I would add more than 1 pair, as you will be changing them daily.

I was told to use cool / tepid boiled water to clean diaper area as not to expose her skin to all chemicals and petrocemical derived oils in creams etc. Works very well so far. Be careful with shampoos, creams etc. I test everything on feet to avoid alergies. Still my bub was 'blessed' with milk rashes on her face and her neck for more then 2 weeks!

You need diapers, I recommend Huggies, they keep contents better, very absorbent, can sleep thought the night if you are so lucky. My girl is alergic to Pampers, they must be using different chemicals like bleaches , glues etc. I only found out after one visit to the clinic when I changed her in the diaper provided by the clinic.

A changing mat is useful when you are out and about, but not a must have. A clean towel will do so your baby is not lying on cold, possibly not so clean, plastic changing table in a public toilet.

For the black and white toys, I made cards myself by printing them in thick black stripes, then check, then added red. Very popular. My baby loved staring a those cards attached to the side of the moses basket.

Infant paracetamol, like Calpol, or somehting like this, will be needed for first immunisations. I forgot about a siringe to administer it, so had to solve sirrupy paracetamol with cool boiled water and feed my girl with the bottle! There is no way she would have taken a spoon!

You may want in the 2nd month some dummies as a last resort solution (at least for me).

Re feeding, in the hospital I was given a scoop/spoon as to avoid the bottle for the first 2 months, so that your partner can assist with night/evening feeds. Now breastfeeding is well established my girl can easily switch between breast and bottle. If you want to share feeding and you plan to breast feed, then a pump is a saviour, sterlizer, and BPA free plastic or glass bottles (4 is more then enough).

You may consider a car seat for transport from the hospital. If you do not have a car, then borrow one. You will feel better, although here it is not mandatory.

Not sure you will need a baby monitor, you will have te cot next to your bed for the first few months, I think. Thee is no way you cannot hear your baby crying or even stirring lightly. I developed excellent hearing now I have my baby. My husbandwill be snorring away until my baby is really in distress, and I will wake up when she makes the slightest noise (and they do make noises, you shuld hear them farting or burping! best local construction worker will be proud!)

I hope it helps.

A

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast