Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Get rid of Stretch Marks

SHJ
    SHJ is offline Registered User

Get rid of Stretch Marks

probably not the best place to post this query but i had a baby 3 years back and suddenly saw myself with horrible stretch marks on lower tummy. Does anyone know of creams or oils that help reduce these marks even after so many years of having the baby.

:yeah2

Whale is offline Registered User
    The only thing that can determine if you will get stretch marks is genetics.

Removing stretch marks is difficult. Professional dermatoloy help can be of benefit, but anything you buy over the counter wont work (but it can be mentally quite theraputic).

If you find anything that works, let me know, I have a lot of stretch marks!

SHJ
    someone has recommended Mederma, haven't tried it, haven't been able to buy it but i have been told it works for all types of scars and marks....

mummymoo is offline Registered User
    Dear SHJ,

There has been multiple studies done on treatment for stretch marks and there has been no conclusive evidence that anything really works. I am sorry that it may not be what you want to hear but I agree with Whale, that the creams may be mentally beneficial. Just wanted to give you the scientific heads up so that you don't go out and spend $$$$$$ based on a whiz bang marketing campaign.

SHJ
    thanks haven't spent the money so i might just drop the plan....and live with it ;)

mummymoo is offline Registered User
    SHJ

Spend the money on some other way to pamper yourself!

MLBW Guest
    I don't think anything can really erase stretchmarks apart from plastic surgery or something of that sort, but I have found some things that minimize the appearance--I had this cream laying around called Scar Zone (http://www.shopinprivate.com/scarzonecream.html)--I had originally bought it before my wedding to apply to some scars I had on my leg. It has silicone in it and vitamin E. I started applying it to my pregnancy stretch marks and it really caused a visible difference--of course it is not a long-lasting cure--but I think that if you keep your skin moisturized with a good vitamin-E lotion (cocoa butter is known to help) it cause the skin to be more smooth, soft and supple which diminishes the appearance of "crevices" in your skin.

GraceQuintero is offline Registered User
    I use dermelastic serum to help get rid of stretch marks that I thought were here to stay and scars. I've only been using it a month or so and I can already see them fading. Definitely worth trying if you have stubborn stretch marks/scars!