Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

prenatal depression

reei is offline Registered User

prenatal depression

i am into eight months of my pregnancy now. off late been feeling really upset for no apparent reason. last night, woke up in the middle of the night, feel very sad,, heart ache and can't sleep. feel a bit embarassed to tell others how i feel, maybe in hk, depression = crazy?
    also started to feel itchy, my feet and hands.. what to do?

spockey is offline Registered User
    Hi Reei

There is nothing to feel embarrassed about. If you have an Obgyn/Midwife that you see regularly for your prenatal, please inform them. I'm sure they'd give you lots of directions and support.

Speak to other mums who have gone through it. You can PM me anytime (Pre and Post experiences that lingered - All done with it now though). There are a couple of mums on this forum who have gone through it too, i recently found out and have been VERY SUPPORTIVE. I'm sure they'll get in touch with you privately and share their experience.

Don't keep it inside. Go for long walks. Have that wonderful cup of hot chocolate or tea. Keep talking about how you feel.

I'm going to agree that there are many who equate depression = crazy in Hong Kong and are not supportive. But these are usually people who have not gone through pre or post natal depression and don't understand how you can't control the situation. And, will blow things out of proportion.

But like i said, there's a bunch of wonderful people on this forum who have been through it and you'll be surprised at how they can help you with their encouragement.

Chin up! Cheer up! PM me anytime if you are interested in finding out where you can go for help here in HK besides your midwife/Obgyn (who would probably send you in the right direction anyway).

Big *HUGS*:yeah2

reei is offline Registered User
    thanks spockey. the other day, i was walking on the road, it was raining. and you know how ppl are like here when it's raining.. umbrellas out, and everywhere.. i almost screamed at the guy, who accidentally poke his umbrella at me.. at that moment, i felt i was losing it. guess, i should not go out much when i am in one of those moods.. :(
    thanks for sharing and i am glad, i am not the only who feels this way. also, i feel normal.