Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Baby wipes

yuukalim0404 is offline Registered User

Baby wipes

There are so many brands out there, J&J( pink, blue ones), Pigeon, etc etc
    Which ones is economical, yet gentle enough for baby? any places to recommend to buy in bulk etc?
    Thanks!

peainpod is offline Registered User
    For baby wipes, I use a combination of Pigeon wipes (which I find to be relatively mild and fragrant free) and Suzuran cotton dampened with boiled tap-water. Commercial wipes are more convenient but when I have time, I prefer to use the dampened cotton (which I prepare ahead of time and store in a plastic airtight container) since it's better on the baby's bottom.

Bonjour sells the parallel-import Pigeon wipes (3pk x 80) from Japan for HK$35 whereas the regular 3 pks of 80 wipes will retail $55 elsewhere.

mscheerful is offline Registered User
    Right peainpod, I seldom use baby wipes but use Suzuran cotton all the time too as it is really better for baby's bottom. When he is less than 6 months I used boiled tap lukewarm water. After that I just use tap water even in cold weather. I bring extra pieces to go out and store in a ziplock. When i need to dry it I just hang on top of the stroller shield. However, If i have to use wipe, I go for huggies sensitive.

joannek is offline Registered User
    i've treid almost all the brands available in HK. my daughter used to have a really sensitive bump & would get rashes if used huggies or a lot of japanese & US brands. i finally settle w/ J & J, which is soft, thick enough for poos but gentle for skin.

yuukalim0404 is offline Registered User
    Hi Joanne,
    Was it the blue package one or the pink one?
    Thanks!

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    You can buy wipes in bulk from Gateway. I am guessing that the overwhelming majority of babies have no preferene and are not sensitive to the wipes. I say that because if it were the other way around, the wipes would not sell.