Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

am i crazy????

carang is offline Registered User

i LOVE the tent thing too... but with a very rambunctious 1.5 year old PLUS a very "helpful" 3.5 year old, i don't think we'd ever get the tent set up! we'd end up in hotels every night...
    we actually considered the tent for a long time, but after considering our children decided against it...maybe when they are a little older.

my hubby has spent ONE night in a tent in canada and would love to do more, we just didn't have the time for it...

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

My parents started taking me camping when I was about 10 or so... but they continued the tent thing even when they had my sister - so I think SHE was in a tent maybe not at 6 months old - but I think that from the time she was a year and a half old, every year until now - she's 11 now. When she was a baby though, my brother and I were 16 and 14 so my parents had plenty of help with setting up the tent and watching the baby and everything...

This is the place where we camped: (Pebbly Beach, just north of Batemans Bay, about maybe 4 hrs south of Sydney)

BEAUTIFUL!

listen, i'm starting to get REALLY ambitious now...

do you think that in 27 days, we could reasonably make it syd-bris-syd-mel-TASMANIA?

i may be biting off more than the family can chew....???

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

HONESTLY - I'd leave out Tasmania. You'll already be REALLY busy without it.

A few years ago, we did 12 days JUST in Tasmania. We only stayed 1-2 nights in each place with a few hrs driving between each place. And there was stuff we still didn't get to do. Tasmania is a BEAUTIFUL place and you wouldn't want to rush it!!

Although if you DO want to go bad enough, then you could probably squish it in - although it'd mean longer days driving and less time at each place along the way... *shrugs* It is possible though, it's all about how badly you want to go!!

tstmum is offline Registered User

I think it would be just too much adding Tasmania to your trip. You'll have plenty to do between Bris and Melb. Though if you want to go a bit further past Melbourne the Great Ocean Road is a spectacular drive. Then head inland a bit to the Grampians.

Thanks guys!
    Keep the suggestions coming! This is our first "family" trip, so not really sure how it will go...Hubby and I are fairly well travelled, but I have a feeling that throwing a toddler and a young'un into the mix is going to change our normal travel practices a little....

Having a hard time deciding what we should stop for along the way as every place i read about sounds SPECTACULAR!

cyberfish88 is offline Registered User

Cara after following your postings about your trip to Australia, my hubby and i have decided to go at short notice! We are going to go at the very end of this month for about 14 days using the CX holiday package.

We are thinking Sydney and Tasmania. Nicolejoy, what do you recommend for Tasmania? How many days would you stay there? We have a 5 month old baby with us so just leisurely driving and sightseeing is what we are looking for. Any suggestions welcome as I am just trying to plan this trip at short notice!

ahhh... 5 months! i remember that! it all seemed so easy (i was really lucky!) at the time.... THE GOOD OLD DAYS!

i've just had a day from hell! terrible cramps, nauseous, migraine headache, over-tired screaming kids...at least i had a lovely lunch!

anyone want to come over and knock the kids on the head with a frying pan, so i can get an early night?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast