Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Helper Accomodations

NYCMel is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong

Helper Accomodations

Does anyone provide air conditioning for their helper? It seems so cruel that not only is their room the size of a closet, but also that it's boiling inside. Just trying to figure things out here.....what's the protocol?

mushi is offline Registered User
    happy valley
    entirely upto u i guess....i recently provided an electric fan for my helper ...that way u can also keep the electricity bills under control.

carang is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    we live in a village house and our helper has a proper bedroom, not the usual shoebox. she has an aircon that she is welcome to use, plus she has a fan.

we have also given her a dvd player and paid for 1/2 of her tv.

she's EXTREMELY happy with the situation.

aussie mum is offline Registered User
    we installed aircon in our helper's room. it seemed cruel not to!
    we also provided a tv for her...and after 12 months as a thank you for her hard work we provided a dvd player
    at the end of the day its entirely up to you but i like to think that we treat her well and she treats us well too.

rani is offline Administrator
    Pokfulam, Hong Kong
    We also provide a fan and a space heater in the winter. Also told her she could sleep in our son's room if she felt very hot in the summer months. But she found the a/c too cold and prefered the fan.

fingerscrossed is offline Registered User
    Tin Hau
    Our helper sleeps with our baby so the air-con's on. When the baby was sleeping with us, we said that she could use the air con but she was happy with the fan. I think some helpers just find air-con too cold for them.