Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

back pains after long hours in the office

elodienyc is offline Registered User

back pains after long hours in the office

I am 28 weeks pregnant and I am planning to work until close to my due date, however I have been experiencing horrible backpains over the last few weeks.
    The pain is worst after 10+ hours sitting in the office...
    I tried prenatal massages but it only gives me a short relief. Is any of you in the same boat? Did you find a way to relieve the pain?
    Thx in advance

Query is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    It helps if you have a firm cushion or back support cushion attached to your seat at the office. I find that my back is not so sore if supported by the cushion. I also find that swimming helps relieve the pain somewhat. Massage provides temporary relief but not as effective as the former two options.

MeowMeow is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Are you wearing belly supporting band?? I find them very helpful during the 3rd trimester.

Hope it works for u!

salevizos is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Agree with Query, a firm cushion is a great idea. Wing-on sells a model whith is pretty good, with an inflatable lumbar.

However, sitting for 10+ hours a day you are probably going to get back pain. If its muscular pain (not spinal), get yourself a heating pad and use it - often. It will help relax the muscles and get rid of the tightness. I found this very helpful.

If you want to see a physio who specializes in pregnant women, PM me and Ill pass along her contact details.