Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How to wean at 6 months?

sherwes is offline Registered User
    My baby seemed to like the Hipp Organic Formula from Bumps to Babes and the Bellamy's Organic from 360. I think these are more expensive than other formulas sorry. The other formula that he absolutely guzzled was the Cow and Gate one from Wellcome. I looked on the cannister and it has "vanilla flavour" added to it (i.e. sugar!) so no wonder hedrank so much - he liked the vanilla milkshake! Note though, not all Cow and Gate has vanilla flavour so check the cannister.

Nashua852 is offline Registered User
    100 baby purees by anabel karmel is available at pollux books at either IFC airport express station or kowloon airport express station below elements mall. Although I would recommend getting it from shopinhk. They're generally speedy with deliveries.

wenyihsu is offline Registered User
    My son had a mild case of eczema when he was 3 months old so when he first tried formula (at 5.5 months), we only tried hypo-allergenic ones. He tried Nestle Nan-one, and Peptid. He wouldn't take any of these two even when I mixed it up with breastmilk. Finally he drank Meiji (hypoallergenic version). You can probably also ask your pediatrician cause they normally have smaller trial packs at their office.
    In terms of book, I highly recommend Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron. I've never seen it in HK but you can order it from Amazon. It's an excellent book that covers you up until they are toddlers
    Last edited by rani; 07-22-2008 at 10:57 PM.

rani is offline Administrator
    Thanks Nashua852. We normally place book orders to our US warehouse every Mon/Tues and the shipment arrives in a week.

geomum is offline Registered User
    Hi Rani,
    Gina Ford's "The Contended Little Baby Book of Weaning" seems to be out of stock at ShopHK. Any idea when will it be available?
    Thanks.

rani is offline Administrator
    I think we have 1 copy left. Will check and get back to you later today.

mummymoo is offline Registered User
    Dear Geomum,

One thing I have heard that sometimes works is to use a breast shield when breast feeding your baby so that she becomes used to the silicone feel of a teat, which may ease her towards the bottle.

I, too, highly recommend the Gina Ford book but agree with Sherwes, take from it the main points, adapt it to your baby and ignore the rest, you would become very obsessive, compulsive if you followed her regime religiously.

Finally with regards to formula, I use S26 by Wyeth and my baby loves it, but it is not sold in the US as it is slightly higher in calories (as per the Wyeth representative).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12