Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Opinion on areas to live

alitraxx is offline Registered User
    I live at the Belchers too and we are pretty happy here - it's good for kids especially. Unless it's raining, it's easy enough to get a taxi and there are plenty of buses too. There is a Wellcome supermarket below the buildings so it's super convenient.

Good luck!

carang is offline Registered User
    you have given no idea of budget...
    if you can let us know, we can recommend more places for you to have a look at.

lauras is offline Registered User
    Hi Anne,

We moved to Happy Valley 1 month ago from London and live in Celeste Court (on Fung Fai Terrace) which does have a gym, playground and pool. My son is 3 and loves the pool. We are slowly getting to know the other kids in the block and I would reallly recommend the appartment block - great facilities, friendly staff and residents. It's definitely worth a check if you can track it down on the internet or via estate agents. For a helper I used the Asiaxpat website and found them very efficient. Good Luck!

AnneB is offline Registered User
    Hi All,

Thank you all again. This is a big move! A bit anxious but excited also.

My budget will be $32K per month, max. I will have a look at Celeste Court too.

Any tips on what real estate agent to use? I found the last 2 were just showing me places that were way outside of my budget.

Best!
    :)

carang is offline Registered User
    that seems to be the normal tactics... they show you a bunch of cr*p within your range adn then something beautiful that's way out of it, trying to get you to increase what you'll spend.

tell them if they show you anything more than a couple thousand above your budget, you'll use a different agent because they are just wasting your time. that usually seems to work.

you can look a few thousand above your budget as you can try to negotiate with the l/l.

good luck!

Smiles is offline Registered User
    Anne B
    We also found estate agents didn't really listen to what you actually wanted esp when it came to the amount we wanted to spend.
    I will PM you details of a great estate agent we found (he is only for the Happy Valley region though). We managed to find a great apartment and sign within a week of using him!

AnneB is offline Registered User
    Much appreciated. I'm coming to HK on Friday 1 Aug for 3 days, but specifically to look for a helper and then see any places in my spare time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12