Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Australian International School - Enrolment for 2010

ns1
    ns1 is offline Registered User

Australian International School - Enrolment for 2010

Hi there,
    We are considering a move to Hong Kong next year. Our daughter will begin reception in 2010 and we would like her to go to the Australian International School. I have emailed them for information and have been told that we should probably put her on the waiting list now to ensure that we get a place. I am a bit confused about what to do given that we are not sure if we will be moving to Hong Kong, Singapore or Sydney but don't want to miss out on a place. Hoping someone can give me some advice on how soon we should enrol her.

tstmum is offline Registered User
    I think the enrolment fee for the Australian school in HK is HK$1,500 (approx AUD200), which is non-refundable. So if you think that you can afford to lose the money if you don't come to HK then I'd go ahead and enrol your daughter now. Otherwise wait until you're more certain where you're going to move to. I know of people who've got places for their kids for reception quite late, but you can't guarantee that will happen. Though they do give priority to Australian passport holders.