Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Help! Working mum leaving baby with helper...

snagito is offline Registered User

That's great news - really happy to hear that it is working out for you and your baby

mchew is offline Registered User

Hi mummymoo,

A couple of the nannies I have employed in the past range between HK$35k - HK$50k per month.

sorchului is offline Registered User

I was super paranoid and anxious when I first returned to work. Now my baby is almost 5 months and I am less worried now. I just have to keep telling myself to be nice to my DH and to trust her, then she will be OK to my daughter.

However sometimes I wonder what they (the DH and my daughter) do during the day. Does she try to put her to sleep all the time so she can get on with her things such as house hold chores? Well not to mention talking on the phone.... I have to say that my DH has been with us for only 5 months and she is 'fresh' from the Philippines. She is quite young (mid twenties) so it needs a lot of training. In general she is fine for now, at least she listens to our instructions, but two things I am not sure, 1. if she likes babies / kids 'coz she does not have a lot of patience; 2. she flahses sour face sometimes....

sherwes is offline Registered User

Just a suggestion but have you thought of looking for another helper? In my view patience is very, very high on the list of qualities you need in a helper if they have sole care of a baby while you work. This is particularly the case as your baby gets older and enters the toddler years. An energetic, opinionated toddler can test the patience of the most loving parent let alone a helper.....

Regarding what your helper gets up to during the day...why not get your helper to keep a diary showing what times your baby slept, what activities he/she did, what he/she ate and drank, how many dirty nappies etc etc. I asked my helper to keep a diary like this and it was really helpful.

sorchului is offline Registered User

Thanks for your feedback.

I will keep an eye on my helper. Afterall she is fine with everything, however I am tempted to look for one with more experience with kids when her contract ends.

Regarding the record, I am keeping one on the feeding time and quantity as well as the diapers changed but not on the sleeping time and the activities. I am not sure if I am asking too much if I want the helper to record down these things and I do not want her to make things up. At the moment I just ask her about that when I go home. Well if I really want to know what she does with my baby during the day I can install an IP camera. What do you think?

babes_mahal is offline Registered User

hi i want to recommend to you my friend Gemma..at this time she is looking for job.she is good in taking care baby,,can do cooking,and she is friendly too.pls contact her with this number 69709536

hkmom1 is offline Registered User

Hi,

I had the same issue, I went back to work when my son was 3 months old. I actually ended up setting up cameras in the house which I can access from the internet and via my mobile phone from anywhere and I can see and hear him. At this point I totally trust my helper as I can see she's taking good care of him but it's also really great just for me to hear him and helps during times when I'm really missing him like when I go on business trips.

gladyswly is offline Registered User

I want to install a nanny cam too, can you share which model do you use and how to set it up to the internet?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast