Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

BEABA BABYCOOK, where to buy???

adahc is offline Registered User

BEABA BABYCOOK, where to buy???

Anyone know where do I get BEABA BABYCOOK, a french brand food processer for baby food? Anywhere in HK or even nearby country?

Another question is do you all give 'homecook' food to your 6-7 months old baby or a jar will do?

Nashua852 is offline Registered User
    Hi, they're available at bumps to babes. I've given my nearly 8 month old only homecooked food so far. I've used the petit teraillon steam blender blah blah and I WISH I went with Beaba instead -- the one I have has just gone bust and was limited in terms of the quantity of food it would take AND I couldn't steam and blend on the same unit/at the same time -- I had to keep changing plugs and it was such a hassle. The steamer still works which is great but I had to get a mouli to mush up bab's food. It's a bit of a pain as he's still at that stage where he CAN have just mashed and not blended food but prefers the latter. So there, a few things to think about! The BEABA sounds great though.

I'm contemplating just getting a multi layer steamer for the whole family from Jusco or the like -- so lots of veg can be done at the same time.

I also recommend Anabel Karmel's top 100 baby purees. When I tried K at 6 mos on her apple,pear,cinnamon puree and suddenly discovered how much more fun (and hard work) preparing MEALS and not just purees for your baby can be. It's available thru ShopInHK as well as pollux bookstore

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    Instead of a baby product I just bought an adult vegetable steamer and use a regular blender instead. Just a thought because by 12-18mths your baby will be able to eat cubes of steamed veggies and you'll no longer need to puree everything. I only fed my son jar food when we traveled for convenience, otherwise it was fresh home cooking for him. Here is a photo of the Tfal one we used, and still use now:
    http://milkmonsterlaughs.blogspot.co...sterilize.html

My problem is we just moved to Shanghai and could not find any shop that sell it. Anyone has B2b email address? I might have to contact them and ensure they have it in stock.
    I'm not the best cook so I heard that this machine tells you how much water or whatever you put in.

stickybeak is offline Registered User

Smile

Hi

My little boy just turned 6 months and I bought the babycook from bumps to babes. So far it's working out fantastic - so easy just to dice the veges or fruit and pop them in.

A friend also lent me a cook book written by a lady who uses a babycook - it's called "All Gone", not sure where to get that though.

I can't find the email address for B2B I have used but their number is:
    Tel: +852 2552 5000

Call them and they may be able to ship to you..

Good luck

NYCMel is offline Registered User
    Bumps to Babes has them. I also just use a regular steamer and I bought a regular hand blender which I love!

http://www.fortress.com.hk/fortress/...t_id=AMNXHB705

Perhaps you can also try Mothercare (Mothercare.com)

MLBW Guest
    I first started my son on pureed apples when he was about 5-months-old--that's when he became interested in eating. I bought organic brown rice baby cereal by Healthy Times (in HK you can get that at City Super) and I just put hot water in the cereal and then to cool down the cereal I add some of the homemade applesauce. He loves that!

Then I went and picked up some organic baby foods--the combinations I tried with him were jars of lentils and rice, blueberries and apples, garden vegetable (potatos, carrots, beans), butternut squash and corn...

He really loved the garden vegetables so I just looked at the back of the jar and copied the ingredients--adding a little broccoli as well. I had read that it's better to steam or bake food before you puree it and give it to babies--that way it retains the nutrition. So, I baked up some of the veggies in my little oven, tossed them in the blender and then put them back in the little glass jars I had gotten when I bought the baby food from the store. I don't think it's necessary to buy a fancy food processor as a blender works quite well.

Scroll to top