Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

excruciating pelvic pain-is natural birth still possible?

jenayds is offline Registered User
    I know a lot of people imply that a drug free vaginal birth is the best thing ever, but it certainly wasn't for me. An epidural was a great blessing when I couldn't cope with the pain anymore. Do not beat yourself up about having one if it comes to that. We are lucky to live in an age where we can choose to have pain relief if we need it.

There are enough things to worry about in parenting without beating yourself up about things that, in the end, are really not a big deal. My attitude to the birth of my two children was that I was only going to do this twice in life, and I just wanted to get through it without traumatising myself and my body for the rest of my life. My first birth was vaginal and the tear and scar tissue made things very uncomfortable for me for many months, and even now (3 years later) I can't have things like a pap smear without a lot of pain.

Just do the right thing for you and your body, and accept that preconceived ideas of what is the right thing might change when the time actually comes.

Tracey Nicole is offline Banned
    hi there,

thanks for this jenayds and agree with all that you had said.

i am more specificially requiring information re pelvic pain or PSD etc. has anyone had pelvic pain or a simiarlar experience at late pregnancy / in labour and managed it? if so, what are the recommended positions for birthing? if so, are there exercises i could do now? any tips or recommendations would be great.

many thanks and kind regards, trace

7807 is offline Registered User
    Hi

I had terrible lower back pain and pelvic pain in my 40+ week and a bit before too. Like you, walking was horribly painful and I took to getting around the house on the computer chair. I too, was worried about this affecting my the labour I was envisioning (I just wanted the quickest labour I could possible have and fast seemed to equal no intervention- all going well). I found that when the contractions started, they were so full on that all the other pain ceased to exist and all I wanted to do was stand and walk around because it was the first time in ages that I could! I was so pumped to get the baby out because I was so sick of sitting and aching all, it really motivated me to cope with the contraction pain because it was a means to an end. I knew that the contractions would stop when the baby was born but the other pain, I thought that would never end. All the best for the days leading up to the big day. It will come and then you'll be mobile again!!

mushi is offline Registered User
    hi tracey nicole...yes i did experience the same kind of pain for my second pregnancy....it felt like someone is pulling yr pelvis apart and it is stretching uncontrollably....my doc suggested i see a physiotherapist....and do some exercices....no drugs could help cure this except pain killers....but i opted to wait it out and sure enough after 3 agonising months it just disappreared....i got it frm the 6th to the 8th month.....it did not affect my labour one bit.....in fact my labour was really short - 3 hours!! so if it does help then just u r plain lucky!

Tracey Nicole is offline Banned
    hi 7807 - i am sorry to hear your story but many thanks for this, it really has helped me. you have inspired me somewhat. i look forward to standing again!!! did the pelvic pain go away after the baby was born?? I hope so.

hi mushy, thanks for your comments as well. you must have been distraught after three months. i pray for your quick labour.

as a side, what positions did you birth in to take as much pressure of the pelvis???

take care to both of you.... trace

aussie mum is offline Registered User
    my spd was completely gone within a few days

anamama is offline Registered User
    Hi tracey Nicole,
    I also had pelvic pain for my 2nd pregnancy although it might not be as bad as your situation. I was very determined to have a drug free birth like my first pregnancy. I remained faithful, trusted my own body as well as the doctor's advice who reassured me that I would be fine. My labour went very well and my baby boy was born within an hour and I experienced a totally drug free birth. I do hope my experience will encourage you and wishing you all the best!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12