Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Reusuable Nappy/Diaper Advice

stickybeak is offline Registered User

Unhappy Reusuable Nappy/Diaper Advice

Hi all

I bought the Bambino Mio Trial Pack as disposables are leaking at night for us. (My 6 mos little boy rolls himself to sleep on his front and the front of the nappy fills up too quick!)

The Bambino Mio didn't leak at all but it was just about impossible to get it on as the folded inner kept unfolding as he wiggled and wiggled.

I'm really committed to finding a reusable that suits us as No. 2 is now on the way and the cost and environmental savings seem to large to ignore.

Can anyone suggest a brand where the outer doesn't have to be washed with each nappy change but the (not bulky) inner can magically stay put while putting on.

Am I asking for the impossible?

sherwes is offline Registered User

Have you checked out Baby Beehinds (just google the name)? I am not sure if they have the features that you are looking for but are along the same lines as the Bambino Mio.

mushi is offline Registered User

i had got excellent ones form India where the inside is a cotton nappy with a cotton pad...this u could make the baby wear while he is lying flat and playing (basically when he is upto 6 months).....extremely comfortable and airs the bottom well so no nappy rash.....you could cover this with a plastic nappy when u pick him up, or when he starts to crawl...this avoids leakage....i always depend on someone to bring these from India so if you do manage to find the solution in HK pls. do let me know too.

jjmum is offline Registered User

I am using Mother-ease, recommended by a friend and some other mommies here. It is the kind you are looking for, I guess..... just change the fitted diaper inside and you don't need to wash the outer every time. I bought the One Size organic type that is suitable from NB to toilet training, seems quite economical & eco-friendly. You can see their website for more information. www.mother-ease.hk

Gumboots is offline Registered User

Hi

It's early days for us (only two weeks old) but I'm using the baby beehinds and they seem to be working and washing well. A bit bulky on such a young bub as they are one size fits all but, even so, we seem to be containing leaks as well as disposables - nothing is perfect I think.

Cheers

mushi is offline Registered User

hi gumboots, jjmum, where can i get baby beehinds or motherease? pls. let me know. thanks

Gumboots is offline Registered User

I bought mine from the Aussie website - www.babybeehinds.com.au - I started with one of their trial packs and then set up properly with the works. You get the GST (10% tax) deducted because you are outside Australia which offsets shipping. Also, they do a bulk discount when you buy a certain amount - it was pretty reasonable in the end (although still a reasonably large initial capital outlay!)

Try to use their email contact rather than ordering online - I found the customer service to be excellent, very responsive and helpful in advising what I would need. Shipping was quick too.

Hope that helps!

jenayds is offline Registered User

I also recommend Baby BeeHinds Bamboo as a night nappy. I have a LOT of these! :) The other night disposables leaked on both my boys (aged 3 years, and 9 months) but a BeeHinds with an extra trifold hemp booster on the outside (ie between the nappy and the cover) lasts through the night for both of them.

The customer service is really excellent, I agree.

I find that Motherease make excellent covers, but I don't particularly like their nappies - not absorbant enough for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast