Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Update

dueJuly is offline Registered User
    If you guys make it to scones Sunday, I'll see you there!

salevizos is offline Registered User
    Hi ladies...

Bringing up the rear, Anastasia (5.8lbs) and Gustav (7lbs) were born on Monday, 4 August. We are all doing well...they both came as trained b/feeders, so even though its one more mouth to feed, it is thankfully easy (touch wood).

Anyhow, it will be nice to get home and settle in...
    Hoping all is well with everyone and their kiddies,
    Sarah

Gumboots is offline Registered User
    congratulations!! Love the names :) I am in awe of you managing two - both the birth and the feeding...

My little guy is such a delight but wearing me out all on his own!

Great to have another little guy in the group - ollie's quite outnumbered by all the girls :)

Tracey Nicole is offline Banned
    hi ladies,

sorry for the delay; with my parents then new bubs i have been busy!

ok ...my little eagle landed before Sarah brought her little treausres up the rear...

little isabella jane telford batty was born 2.04am on the 3rd of August. Birth weight was 3.06 kgs and her length was 51cm.

my labour was swift .... my waters broke around 6 (i think) whilst walking up my 50stairs and whilst carrying take away scones from PR (too funny).

i know not always advisable but i waited as long as i could and arrived at the hospital at 1030pm. at that time, i was 3cm so they said, take it easy, it will be a long night. by 1230pm I was 7and after short while I was 10 and ready to go. Umm.. guess Bella is as impatient as mummy.

Bell arrived healthy and happy and i made it unscratched - thank the lord.

you will all know what i mean when i say that i have good days and bad. on sunday i thought motherhood and i were likes ducks to water wheras yesterday i declared that i was the worst mother in the world.

Bella arrived overdue so she arrived in need of food but i havent been able to supply to the level required. she lost weight when we left the hospital and we had our pedi visit today and she has lost a little more weight. he let me know my options... and to my absolute (and I mean absolute) feeling of failure, my mother fed her, her first formula bottle. i can not even begin to share my feelings about this... very bummed.

i do however plan to use some formula as a top up strategy (max 2 feeds per day for max 7 days) and start expressing to get my production working a little better. please say a prayer for me as i really want this to happen!!!!!!!!!

on the up, i am so pleased that we all now have our bubs (and sarah2 with her two) on the ground and (apart from bits n pieces) healthy.

I look forward to perhaps grabbing take away scones and heading to the park near the press room some day soon.

apoligise in advise for the typos but the screen is too small and i am too tired and bummed at this point to care.

love trace

ps pics of little bella are on my facebook - tracey nicole batty

Tracey Nicole is offline Banned
    oh and you know how i used to laugh (and eat) at my pregnancy addition of 22kgs.... (think i tipped 24kgs actually)

well... the moment Bella was out and i saw myself in a mirror... yikes....i almost died in horror...

not sure what hormone was masquarading 'what i had done to myself'

the upshot i thought whilst looking in the mirror... dont worry Trace, you loose 7-10kgs at birth and then your weight will fall off when breastfeeding......

ummm 10 days gals... and still looking pregnant......

for those mummies that have been at this BF malarky longer - no need to specifics but have you lost weight?

once i get my production right - is there hope????

......anyway... gym again in 4 weeks time... xx

if anyone is up for sharing the costs of a personal trainer we could meet in the park with our bubs twice per week??? my arma will be with me so can babysit other bubs as well. i was thinking some cool kickboxing / cross training or someting....

:-)

jenayds is offline Registered User
    Hi Tracey

Congrats on the birth of Bella!

Just sticking my nose in here. I also put on 20 kg with each of my two pregnancies. The first one, I put on 20 then lost 10, so was 10 kg up on my pre-pregancy weight. The second one, I put on 20 then lost 10 as well, but then moved to HK and the extra walking meant I gradually lost the other 10. So now I am back to the original 10 kilos overweight! Need to get motivated to lose it soon!

I lost all muscle tone in my stomach and have no abs whatsoever, so I still look pregnant and my second son is 9 months now. I think if you are motivated and can afford a trainer, you will make great gains once your body has recovered a bit. They say six weeks after the birth you will have lost all the 'easy' weight, and will then have to work to lose whatever's left over.

Don't give yourself grief about your body at this point, there are hormones going beserk in there at the moment and you have much more important things to worry about.

And don't worry about your baby losing weight after birth. It is totally normal and expected that they will lose 10% of their body weight in the week after birth. That is not even slightly abnormal. I just encourage you to keep going with the breastfeeding, once it settles down (it does take a while) it is REALLY convenient, and obviously great for your baby.

Maybe it would be good to give the formula via a supply line rather than a bottle, so your breasts still get the stimulation of the baby's sucking? You could contact the La Leche League leaders (contact details here: http://www.lllhk.org/Contact.html) and ask how they work and how to get one. Breastfeeding is such a supply and demand thing that it's great to get all the milk coming from the baby sucking at the breast rather than the bottle, if possible, and supply lines are a way of making that happen.

Good luck and welcome to the world of parenting!
    Jen

Gumboots is offline Registered User
    Hi Trace

So sorry you are feeling down at the moment with things :(

As you know, weight gain hasn't been an overwhelming success in our house either so I can't provide much help...

The only thing that did occur to me was whether you are getting any support with the feeding? Hulda from Annerley has been coming around since we got home from the hospital and has been so great with keeping us on track - tweaking our feeding each time and just generally supporting me. It's made a huge difference to my mental state!

I'm not suggesting there is a magic bullet - just that the support might make you feel better?

Anyway, give me a call if you want to talk anytime - am looking forward to catching up sometime soon and meeting Bella!

v

jzb
    jzb is offline Registered User
    Tracey

I've PMd you.

Josie xx

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast