- 07-29-2008, 02:33 PM #1Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2005
I am in my 9th week and have been to my obstetrician twice. He has not ordered any blood test for me yet. Is that correct? I had mentioned to him I did some blood test a few months ago during my normal health screen examination and everything was normal. This is my 2nd child so I know I am not rhesus -ve. But should I be tested for other stuff and is it too late if I do it later on?
- 08-04-2008, 11:30 AM #2Registered User
- Join Date
- Jul 2008
- Hong Kong
There are a number of tests which are recommended prior to or just after conception. These include your blood count, thyroid levels, folate level, Hep B and Rubella immunity testing as well as the rhesus testing. Perhaps you obs knows you have had them done and they were normal so don't need to be tested. If concerned I would raise the issue with him or her, with our children and families we need to champion their care.
- By joannek in forum Baby TalkReplies: 1Last Post: 08-13-2009, 07:37 PM
- By monte in forum Baby's HealthReplies: 8Last Post: 03-09-2009, 08:15 PM
- By nicolejoy in forum PreconceptionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-10-2008, 10:35 AM
- By undecided in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 06-11-2006, 09:02 PM
- By Peanut in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 12-18-2003, 09:19 AM