Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Looking for great Gynocologist in Hong Kong!

LeahH is offline Registered User
    Sally Ferguson was a wonderful support to both me and my husband for our first and will be my ob/gyn for our second also. Appts are tricky as she's popular, but for us it was worth it. Great aftercare also. Totally agree with the SCMP thread comments above, patient care was foremost in her mind.

chichi is offline Registered User
    Hi, I would recommend Dr Joe Chan to you. He is very good and caring. He is definitely pro-natural, although I eventually need a C-section for baby's condition. My scar healed very well and can barely seen now, below my hair!!
    I would definitely use him when I have my next one. His no. is 25233328.

Hayzee is offline Registered User
    Dr Alex Doo at The Women's Clinic in Central.
    Tel: 2523 3007

mummymoo is offline Registered User
    What happened with Dr Sally Ferguson and the Adventist Hospital? I want a doctor who stands up for her patients. Does anyone know what happened? I googled the incident but couldn't find the story. And you have to be asubscrober to SCMP to read the article. TIA

AndreaY is offline Registered User
    think the basic story was she was anxious to get some medication for a patient and the pharmacist was asking her a few questions. She got impatient and shoved the pharmacist. Am sure she is a great doc, but being suspended at a hospital cos she could not control her temper at the time (granted that she said it was for emergency) seems to me that there are also lots of other good choices out there too.

Second Dr. Joe Chan, he was fantastic at the birth of my 2nd, natural birth, no epi, and I was amazed that I could barely feel any pain with the stitches. Plus he was at the hospital within 1/2 hour or so after we called him, that was at 4 am in the morning!

mummymoo is offline Registered User
    Thanks AndreaY or the heads up!

LeahH is offline Registered User
    That's not an accurate picture of the story regarding Sally Ferguson AndreaY - you should ensure that what you post is factual.

She has openly said she regrets using force, but frankly if I were her patient I would be extremely grateful that the point was made with as much urgency as was necessary to avoid future, potentially fatal, problems.

As you will see from the below, someone had recently died of post partum haemorrhage in the hospital.

The doctor suspended from Hong Kong Adventist Hospital admitted she pushed a pharmacy technician a few times on his left shoulder - but she said she was not trying to hurt him. It had been done while emphasising a point, she said.

'I wasn't trying to hurt him. It was a point of emphasis kind of thing,' Sally Ferguson, a well-respected obstetrician-gynaecologist now banned from the hospital, said. 'I used the flat of my hand on his shoulder ... I admit I touched him and I have apologised.'

Dr Ferguson, who has more than 22 years' experience, told her side of the story at her Wan Chai office yesterday. She said that at about 2am on May 21, she was told a patient who had given birth two weeks earlier was 'bleeding heavily' at home. She told the woman to go to Adventist Hospital and she would meet her there.

Dr Ferguson phoned the hospital advising that the patient be given an intravenous drip and 'cross-match blood' - but when she arrived, there was no fluid going into the woman's IV and the patient had lost '1-2 litres of blood at home'.

Dr Ferguson said she 'put up the fluids' herself and then dashed to the maternity unit to obtain three different medicines to control the bleeding.

Afterwards, she asked the pharmacy technician for information about the drugs to make sure they were compatible with the IV fluid, and reminded him to restock the medicine she had taken from the maternity floor.

While examining the patient she discovered the drugs she collected from the maternity unit were missing. 'They had been taken away by the pharmacist [technician], so I went and banged on the pharmacy door because the door was shut.' She remembered saying: 'Bring me back the drugs.'

When the pharmacy technician opened the door, Dr Ferguson said she pushed the man's shoulder 'about three times', telling him: 'What do you think you're doing taking away these drugs - when I picked them up especially from the maternity unit? Somebody died of post-partum haemorrhage in this hospital in the last few months.'

Dr Ferguson said the incident was 'out of character'; she had never done anything like that before. 'Clearly what I did was unprofessional behaviour, but I was very upset because I was trying to organise the management of a serious post-partum haemorrhage.'

mushi is offline Registered User
    hello, i have been with Sally fergusson and she is great to interact with and has a lot of patience and time for you....my delivery was done by Grace Cheung and she is very well known too and i was very happy with her....if u want details pls. PM me

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast