Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Looking for great Gynocologist in Hong Kong!

BettyHK is offline Registered User

Looking for great Gynocologist in Hong Kong!

Dear all,

I just found out that I am pregnant and need to see a Gyn.
    I have different recommendations but don't know now who's the right one.
    It will be my first baby and I am very unexperienced in everything.
    Has somebody experiences with Dr. Sally Ferguson or Dr.Arabinda Gosh?
    These two have been recommended by friends.

Thanks a lot and looking forward to get your comment.

VegemiteKid is offline Registered User
    Hi. i just had my second baby and Sally Ferguson was my ob/gyn. I really like her. She was very matter of fact and i always felt confident in trusting her advice and experience. She's not a particularly hand holding 'hearts and flowers' dr - but she definitely puts your health and the health of your growing baby first and clearly explains the facts. I would definitely recommend her if you are after an excellent dr with a 'sensible' matter of fact approach.
    Good luck.

Pekkie is offline Registered User
    I'm glad to have found this topic.

Hi Betty, like you I just found out that I am pregnant today and am looking for a gynae. We've just moved to HK about 4 months ago so am depending on recommendations on which doctor to go to.

VegemiteKid, do you know where's Dr Sally's clinic?

Thanks!!

AndreaY is offline Registered User
    Read in the SCMP a few months back that Dr. Ferguson was suspended from practicising at (I think Adventist) for assaulting a colleague there.

Honkyblues is offline Registered User
    Well, I saw Dr Ghosh for my second child and he was wonderful. So nice when there was a problem with the baby's heart at 16wks and we thought we'd lose the pregnancy. Great at the birth. He has a reputation of being a C-section guy, but he's never mentioned the words C-section to me. I told him I wanted a natural birth. He let me have one. Drug-free. Episiotomy-free. Intervention-free.
    He's really lovely, and I thought he was an excellent ob-gyn. Downside is that because he's so good, he's in demand and is always busy and you'll have to wait a while for your appts and they often get re-scheduled. But I think that's the case with a lot of the popular ob-gyns in any case.
    He's at the Matilda and also part of Veritas Clinic in Bank of America Tower in Admiralty.
    HTH

salevizos is offline Registered User
    Betty HK & Pekkie,

Re: Dr Ferguson.

In my view, Sally was acting in the best interest of her patient, if you go back and read the account of the incident. It was in the SCMP and if Im not mistaken, posted on one of the threads on this site. Frankly, if I was her patient in that situation, I would have been nothing but thankful she acted in the manner that she did.

She is a wonderful doctor, and while I have not used her for this pregnancy, she was my OBGYN previously; I switched to have a doctor closer to my office because my job is very time intensive.

Everyone needs to make their own assessment on who they feel most comfortable with for their pregnancy, so I wont tell you that Dr Ferguson is definitely the doctor for you. But before you rule her out, you should get the full story on the Adventist incident. She also delivers at Mathilda, so as long as you're comfortable with the cost of private care, you may want to set up an appointment with her to see what you think for yourself.

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by salevizos View Post
    Betty HK & Pekkie,

Re: Dr Ferguson.

In my view, Sally was acting in the best interest of her patient, if you go back and read the account of the incident. It was in the SCMP and if Im not mistaken, posted on one of the threads on this site. Frankly, if I was her patient in that situation, I would have been nothing but thankful she acted in the manner that she did.

She is a wonderful doctor, and while I have not used her for this pregnancy, she was my OBGYN previously; I switched to have a doctor closer to my office because my job is very time intensive.

Everyone needs to make their own assessment on who they feel most comfortable with for their pregnancy, so I wont tell you that Dr Ferguson is definitely the doctor for you. But before you rule her out, you should get the full story on the Adventist incident. She also delivers at Mathilda, so as long as you're comfortable with the cost of private care, you may want to set up an appointment with her to see what you think for yourself.
    That was how we interpreted that incident also. Doctor Ferguson is also happy to involve the husband, which some ob-gyns here are reluctant to do. Again, whichever you feel more comfortable with.
    Dr. Ferguson is behind Immigration Tower in the Shui On Centre, 15th floor. Phone is 2824-9112.

kavita is offline Registered User
    Hi BettyHK and Pekkie!

I just found out I am pregnant last week too!!

Based on some of the old threads here i've narrowed down my list of ob gyns to Sally Ferguson, Lucy Lord and Anne Fang. Will start checking them out next week (feeling so incredibly exhausted right now! :)).
    Let me know if you have anything further to share on any of them. Have you decided whether you will be delivering in a private or public hosiptal yet?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast