Air travel after c-section?
- 08-03-2008, 09:27 AM #9
on the other hand, i've had people come over and offer to hold and play with the baby to give me a break. of course, they bring the baby back as soon as they so much as whimper.
but i have always taken people up on this offer.
- 08-03-2008, 09:33 PM #10Registered User
- Join Date
- Jul 2008
- Hong Kong
I needed to travel shortly after giving birth and thank fully I had a natural delivery, an my obs gave me the okay to travel after 2 weeks. However, I did research the ability to travel after a C-Section, and the opinion from several obs was that it was generally advised that you stay near by for 5-6 weeks after the surgery, and definitely no lifting before 6 weeks. Certainly you can lift before then, but the scar is definitely an area of weakness and in the rare instance where you develop a hernia, it is truly hell for the patient. So I'm glad hubby will be there to help you. Also the other thing to ask your obs about are strategies to reduce blood clots in the legs as post delivery (partum) leg blood clots (DVTs) is a risk. Good Luck with it all!
- By Maddy in forum Preparing for the ArrivalReplies: 10Last Post: 08-12-2009, 12:30 PM
- By reei in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 08-08-2008, 01:12 PM
- By jaetee in forum Everything ElseReplies: 7Last Post: 07-16-2008, 10:21 AM
- By pinklet in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 04-19-2006, 04:33 PM
- By Cindi26 in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 10-27-2003, 08:40 AM