Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

a very bad experience @CDB

xogogo is offline Registered User

a very bad experience @CDB

It was a nightmare at Casa D Bambinx (Montessori school) for my bb and I yesterday.
    When the owner, Ms J first saw us, she said, ?It is better to hv just one adult.? Since I had to show my helper the way to school (by bus), I needed to accompany them for the first time. I thought she just gave me a ?kind? advice. However, after that, she kept pinpointing me.
    1) During the lesson, my bb sneezed a few times (a/c plus a few big fans). Then I put a sweater on him (cuz' he just recovered from coughing). Ms J ORDERED me to take off his jacket and said Asia families always do that. Too hot can cause bb sick too. You r being too protective? (We walked in the hot sunny day for 10 mins. We were all sweating. I think she had labelled me as "too protective" parent from then on). I told her that my bb has just recovered and his hands are cold. She didn?t listen, and ordered me to take off his jacket AT ONCE. That?s why my bb started coughing in the lesson later on.
    2) It was my bb?s first time there. He knows nothing. She didn?t explain to him nor give him any clear instructions. Later, she only approached to those ?easy bb?. (some mums said that b4.)
    3) My bb "poo poo" in the middle of the class. He went out the classroom and asked my helper to change diaper for him. After changing the diaper, he wanted my helper to go to class w/ him, so i let them return to the classroom (cuz? usually is my helper to go to classes w/ him). When I was waiting outside, my bb wanted me to go inside again. I told my helper to stop him and then I hid myself near the exit (bb can?t see me).

Then the worst part came, Ms J came out and TALKED to me w/ her very rude attitude.

"I told u not to come w/ 2 adults, that's why bb is not concentrating, and learn nothing! This is my school, I don't like ppl not listening to me." (It was his first time, and I don?t think she gives any instructions to him.)

I was soo angry but still I apologized. "Sorry. I apologize for coming w/ my bb! I didn?t read your note. So what can i do now? Run away? bb knows I'm here anyway!! I?m thinking not to come on Monday! "
    ?You are talking some non-sense things! (maybe she thinks I don?t bring bb come on Monday) You have no common sense! ?

?If my bb is not happy, why I need to bring him here again? Maybe my bb is a bit abnormal, that?s why he didn?t feel comfortable here!?

?Yes, your bb is abnormal?! ...I think u r non-sense? ! ? She kept insulting me and didn?t let me to speak a word.

I was so angry so I held my arms. ?You see, you don?t agree w/ me, I can see from your body language! This is my school. You must listen to me!?

?Can I say sth now??
    ?If you are repeating what u said b4, no need! You better calm down!? (she should be the one to calm down)

?Your bb doesn?t hv enough sleep. He should sleep at 7 and wake up at 7!! That?s why he got bad temper now!

?What about if my bb sleeps at 9 and wakes up at 9??

?No bb wakes up at nine. Sun comes, bb wakes up!!?

?My husband wants to play w/ bb after work, that?s why he sleeps at 9!?

?Ask your hb wakes up early to play w/ him. We don?t play w/ bb at night! NO!!!? It sounds she is THE GOD and CAN RULE THIS WORLD.

The receptionist said Ms J not meant to be rude. But she was really RUDE. When she went back to the classroom and held my bb, my bb cried loudly.
    This is the first time I had a fight w/ the school staff. Cooperation and ?mutual respect? b/t parents and school are very important! It was really horrible. Does ?Montessori? ask their followers to use ?retarded? and ?useless?? to describe the kids? ?No common sense? to describe the parents? Definitely, I will withdraw my bb from this school. They got a very comfortable environment and the concept is good but learning from an arrogant ?educator? is too much for my bb.

(PS: I?m sure there are lots of fans of CDB. I didn?t meant to offend anyone, but just I want to express my feelings!)

Sage is offline Registered User
    Oh dear. I was wondering, how old is your son, xogogo?

I have never been to a Montessori class so I don't know what it entails. I am familiar with the philosophy, however, and thinking of sending my kid to a Montessori school; CDB is in my list. What are you going to do next? Pull him out or try another class? Maybe he will be better with just one adult in his next class.

Sage,
    I know. I have learnt from this "expensive" lesson. But the point is I don't think i deserve such a worse attitude from the teacher.
    I will withdraw him from the school hope that i can get back the $3500 deposit cuz' it is meaningless to send my son back to the school after this incident. I will put him in another montessori school in kln tong.

PS: my son is 20 months.

Neha is offline Banned
    very sad to hear about your experience at CBD and quite honestly surprised. Yes Ms J does ask kids not to wear any jackets etc and she will tell u a couple of times but again it is the mother's choice to follow or not. Our son runs all the time and I have to run after him and she has asked me to catch him and make him sit down and last time she asked me to not to run after him and it worked as he went out the class only once.

Regarding giving instructions to your son, it doesnt work that way. There are toys and activities all around the class u have to ask your child to pick the mat and pick an activity and he has to do that once he is finished he has to put it back and pick another , Ms j just supervises and basically it is IC where there is one adult helping their own child.

I guess u had a bad experience but whenever she has picked K up he listens to her and she can be quite strict with kids and also loves them a lot.

It is good school probably u caught her at a bad day, If u want to leave I am sure they will give your deposit back.

If u want another montessori school . IMS at Aberdeen is very good also

Best of luck

steamball is offline Registered User
    Xogogo, forget it la, don't join this school is fine,

Roshna is offline Registered User
    xogogo,

you need to move to another school. you and your child will not be comfortable at this one again after this unfortunate incident. Even if MS J was having a bad day as above poster mentioned - it must never show in her dealings with the parents or kids. She is supposed to be a professional.

I started my daughter in a montessori school when she was 18 months accompanied by my helper. The school has been very good with letting the parents come and be involved on special occassion days. on normal school days, yes, they definitely enforce one person per child only but they do make allowances especially like if you say first day of school. I was pregnant when my child started. I went with baby and helper the first 2-3 days just to see how the school was, to observe my helper and suggest things to her later at home about how to deal with my kid. Also, the teachers make suggestions about what to do or not do for and with your kids in relation to how they are in the class but they tolerated things like some kids have jackets, some have special snacks that they bring from home, etc. My child was happy and so were we!

Thx all. I feel much better and I still have HOPE in other montessori schools. Hopefully, she won't have another bad day tmr so i can negotiate w/ her about the deposit refund! :)

Neha is offline Banned
    xogogo

How was the day ? Any problems? Are u in AM or PM Class?

Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast