Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

7 month feeding

NYCMel is offline Registered User

7 month feeding

All of a sudden my 7 month son refuses to eat anything I make whether it's home-cooked or from jars. I've made his favorite foods and feeding has become somewhat of a painful process as his hands are constantly pushing the spoon away and his mouth stays shut. What he loved last week or the month before, he no longer wants.

Has anyone else experienced? I am hoping this is just a phase and that this hunger strike will be over soon.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    Big majority of babies go through this phase, it will maybe take you 10 times to make him accept again some of his usual food or some new food, but be patient ... I know, it's easier to say...
    During this period, you can maybe try to give him more snacks to make sure he has got enough nutrients, like bananas for the potassium, avocados, oatmeal, cereal cakes... and let him eat them alone, by 7 months he should be able to hold them (ok, I don't say he will eat without redecorating your kitchen :)).... and maybe he will get interested again. Milk and fruit juices should complete his "diet".... but don't worry, he won't starve himself.

mscheerful is offline Registered User
    I realized that teething and not hungry are the two major factors that cause them to reject food. They will come back to eat soon. My son in now almost 18 months, three weeks ago he was not eating much at all and now, he is back to eating everything that is place on the plate, including drinking formula which he rejected all the time. He is now drinking 6oz a day which is a miracle! My son has no appetite around 8 months too, he was even vommited all the food that i fed, the caretaker in healthcare told me to relax, he is still very full from the food that i fed him and his gum is very uncomfortable. He did not loose weight too.

Yes, babies won't starve themselves.

NYCMel is offline Registered User
    yes, my son has vomited three times after the dinner feed - this is normal????? he has a cold, but he's never thrown up from one. teething would make sense as he just got his first tooth last week. i will definitely give him some snacks in between to make sure he's getting enough nutrients. thanks!

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    Well, maybe you should take him to your pedetrician, and make sure he drinks enough water. Being picky is one think, sick is another one ! Hope it's nothing and that everything will get better very soon.

mscheerful is offline Registered User
    if he has cold that will definitely affected his appetite. if he is coughing, he will throw up very often. my son's tooth is mushrooming at the moment so he definitely do not have appetite as before but he is gaining it back slowly. He is doing fine so i did not bring him to the doctor. Just check on your baby, if he is doing all right and not loosing weight, then it is really fine but of cause, if you are concerned, do bring him to the pedetrician for a check. Make him some puree apple, pear, diluted rice congee, let him have a spoon or two every one or two hours.