Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Baby 1st Birthday - Any party planners?

fennho is offline Registered User

Baby 1st Birthday - Any party planners?

Hi there

This may be a bit too early, but i thot i'd start making plans for my gal's 1st birthday party. At such a young age, can anyone suggest if there are party planners who specializes in birthday parties particularly for 1yr olds? I intend to hold it in the clubhouse of my apartment.

carang is offline Registered User
    a one year old really has no idea what is going on around them. they do not understand the significance of what is happening. as such, a birthday for a one year old is more for hte parents than the child.

for our first child, we had a picnic in the park. it was great! there was a playground next to a large grassy area. i baked a couple of cakes and we had pepperoni's pizza cater for everyone.

for my second child, she shared her birthday party with her older brother(his 3rd) as their birthdays are only 6 days apart. we had a bunch of people from our village over and i had fondue and veg and dip. i again, baked a few cakes and organised a few party games (more for the other children than mine as mine were still a little too young to understand).

fennho is offline Registered User
    thanks carang

yah...i suspect so cos as i scratched my head wondering how to go about planning for one. :Butbut I'd still like to plan a party for my gal cos i didnt do anything for her "full month", when she was born. I guess it's a chinese thing, AND mommy's itching to celebrate her princess' turning ONE.

carang is offline Registered User
    i understand completely wanting to celebrate it.

you could play music and have dancing, have a few soft balls/racquets, and a few other toys, like you would find at a playgroup. maybe some musical instruments that they can bang & shake...

there's no need to get a party planner. use that money towards the food/rental. you could get a very special cake instead.

little ones are often scared of clowns and other entertainers, so there's no need for that either.

Nashua852 is offline Registered User
    check out some of the baby 1st birthday cake recipes available online. Im intending on making my son a small one (half a pound - banana flavoured, that is if he's still keen on them when he's a year old) that he can have for himself -- not all at the same time of course. The idea is whether he eats it or not he can whack at, play and generally create a mess for himself (and the photo album.) The rest of the guests -- our friends mainly I'll either bake or order a 'proper' cake for. We don't have a clubhouse so the venue is still up in the air.

Neha is offline Banned
    If u are planning to do it at your club house, we had friend who did her daughters 1st birthday she called Kindermusic and birthday girl really had a good time she was so happy.